Humber and North Yorkshire Integrated Care Board (857)
This job is now closed
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Finance Manager to join the finance team within North East Lincolnshire place. Due to the unique arrangements in North East Lincolnshire place this will include working with finance colleagues within Adult Social Care. There will also be opportunities to work collaboratively with colleagues across the wider ICB, specifically supporting the Northern Lincolnshire sub system.
The Humber and North Yorkshire Health and Care Integrated Care System is a collaboration of nearly 30 different organisations across a geographical area of more than 1,500 square miles. We are working together to plan for the future of health and care services in our area and to find new ways to tackle the challenges that we face locally.
Main duties of the job
The role will include supporting budget holders in planning, monthly forecasting, and understanding variances, with the main areas of responsibility being Primary care and independent sector contracts. You will frequently be the first point of contact for queries and advice relating to the budgets of the portfolio areas you support.
As a CCAB qualified finance professional your excellent organisational skills will be essential, along with your ability to successfully prioritise and manage a busy workload.
The successful individual will play a key role in supporting the ICB to manage its financial position, ensuring any risks are captured, mitigated where possible and escalated as necessary.
The ICB welcomes all applicants, however, we must remind applicants that we currently do not hold a Tier 2 sponsorship license (now called Skilled Worker visa sponsorship). Can we politely ask this is considered before applying for this position.
NHS Humber and North Yorkshire Integrated Care Board (ICB) is responsible for planning and arranging the provision of NHS services to meet the diverse health needs of a population of 1.7 million people. Our area reaches over 1,500 square miles and includes the cities of Hull and York and the large rural areas across East Yorkshire, North Yorkshire and Northern Lincolnshire. The ICB is part of the Humber and North Yorkshire Health and Care Partnership, one of 42 Integrated Care Systems (ICS) across England to meet health and care needs, coordinate services and plan in a way that improves population health and reduces inequality between groups. The Health and Care Partnership comprises of NHS organisations, local councils, health and care providers and voluntary, community and social enterprise (VCSE) organisations.
The post holder will work autonomously interpreting available standards and documents to deliver their role. They are responsible for managing delivery of accurate and reliable financial information including budget monitoring statements, financial performance reporting & financial risk in conjunction with North East Lincolnshire Place managers and the Commissioning Support.
To deputise for the Strategic Finance Lead or Assistant Place Director of Finance in their absence.
- Responsible for ensuring all budget holders are taking appropriate action to develop and manage budgets within financial constraints through the delivery of financial and performance management information
- Provide expert interpretation and advice to budget holders and the Place Director of Finance on risk to delivery of budgets, contracts and ICB financial duties.
- Provide effective financial advice and support ensuring highly complex contracts and service level agreements are accounted for, meet governance requirements and achieve financial and service priorities and targets.
- Preparing and maintaining such accounts, certificates, estimates, records and reports that the organisation may require to fulfil its statutory financial duties. This work is continuous with minimum monthly reporting deadlines and the requirement to complete additional ad hoc returns for specific purposes such as procurements or business cases.
- Support the year-end accounting arrangements
- Provide financial and business management support to develop place based commissioning, liaising with commissioning and provider teams as necessary and any other relevant parties such as contracting & information teams
- Responsible for completion of monthly statutory/NHS returns (including supporting annual accounts) ensuring the work is completed in line with financial timescales and legal requirements.
- Ensuring that organisations such as the ICB, Support Services and NHS England are adequately advised and informed of the requirements and action to be taken to achieve annual financial statutory objectives of break-even and maintaining resource and cash limits.
- Ensure ICB Place decisions are implemented effectively.
- Any other duties as agreed with the Place Director of Finance and Assistant Place Director of Finance.
Full details in the attached job description
Skills and Competencies
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).