Virtual Ward Community Nurse
Norfolk Community Health and Care NHS Trust
This job is now closed
The Virtual Ward team provides delivery of care for patients in West Norfolk Community providing admission avoidance /non acute event care and for patients in their own homes. . As a clinician working in the Virtual Ward the role will require an ability to work closely with professionals from other organisations to enable integrated working. As a Registered nurse, you will have competence in assessment of patients, who may be in distress, and proven skills in symptom management within end of life care. You will be an experienced practitioner who is able to support patients and their families in challenging situations. You will also have the rotation opportunity to be part of the Community Response Team (CRT) members are required to be able to triage, review and initiate timely response to received referrals.
Main duties of the job
- As a Registered nurse, you will have competence in assessment of patients, who may be in distress, and proven skills in symptom management within end of life care.
- You will be an experienced practitioner who is able to support patients and their families in challenging situations. You will also have the rotation opportunity to be part of the Community Response Team (CRT) members are required to be able to triage, review and initiate timely response to received referrals.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate all aspects of patient care, and develop care plans, using clinical reasoning skills that may need to be delivered from a range of options.
- Following a holistic assessment, devise an individualised, evidence-based care programme for each patient, modifying it as required.
- Assess patients' holistic needs, communicating complex and sensitive information to patients and carers as to their assessment, diagnosis, prognosis and treatment plan.
Apply now to join an organisation that has been awarded an 'Outstanding' rating by the Care Quality Commission (CQC), the highest possible rating and the first stand-alone NHS community trust in the country to be awarded the title.
Our senior nurses also take operational responsibility for oversight, and allocation of patient visits for Virtual Ward team. The team operates from 8.00 until 22:00 hours, seven days a week, covering the West Norfolk Community locality, base will be in Kings Lynn.
The team consists of Nursing, Therapy, Assistant Practitioners and Healthcare Assistants who assess and provide support to enable early discharge from hospital or in order to prevent admission to hospital in non-urgent cases, and supports the input to Procured Beds in Nursing Homes
If you are motivated and passionate about providing excellent patient care then this post is suitable for you.
Please see attached job description for full list of responsibilities.
To contribute in the delivery of high standards of health care to patients within their own homes, care homes, the travelling community and in clinics, by assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating packages of care.
Skills, Abilities and Knowledge
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).