Apprentice Administration Assistant
Norfolk Community Health and Care NHS Trust
This job is now closed
Supervision and support (direct and indirect) will be provided or available during all tasks, with support into a substantive post following the apprenticeship also provided during the second half of the apprenticeship. This will enable the apprentice to work within the administration teams at Colman Hospital to gain confidence, experience and build a portfolio of evidence for apprenticeship accreditation.
As a member to one of the Trusts administrative teams, you will assist in the day-to-day operational work of the team, which will involve liaising with members of staff across the team, locality and organisation, external organisations as required and members of the public.
- To gain knowledge of the various admin functions and processes within the team
- To be responsible for supporting a range of functions within the team
- To provide administration support to the team
- Logging of referrals and booking of appointments (dependant on role)
Main duties of the job
We are pleased to announce an Apprenticeship opportunity within our Administration department at Norfolk Community Health and Care NHS Trust.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience within a high performing service as you will assist in the day-to-day running of administration support to patients, managers and employees across the Trust. We welcome applicants who are committed to completing a 14 month Level 2 Apprenticeship diploma in Customer Service and have an interest in working in administration.
In return, we can offer 27 days holiday, plus bank holidays, an NHS benefits scheme and the opportunity to boost your future employee prospects. Furthermore, 84% of our Apprentices (in 2019/2020) have gone on to secure permanent roles within the Trust or been supported to follow their chosen career path. If you enjoy being busy and would like to work in a supportive environment within a well-established and valued team, then we would love to hear from you.
Apply now to join an organisation that has been awarded an Outstanding rating by the Care Quality Commission (CQC), the highest possible rating and the first stand-alone NHS community trust in the country to be awarded the title.
- Work closely with the existing administrators across the organisation to provide on-going administrative support to the Trust as a whole.
- Act as an administrator for new and on-going tasks within the team.
- Support initiatives for the team.
- To create and maintain reports, spread sheets and correspondence using a variety of computer packages including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Room bookings on the Active Plan system (training provided).
- Order stores through Power Gate (training provided).
- Support the management of absence process by completing and submitting absence forms as required.
- Manage the phones and output from calls.
- Processing, filing and distributing confidential reports and documents.
- Interact with employees at different levels of the organisation.
- Produce letters and arrange diaries.
- Maintain databases.
- Carry out any photocopying, scanning or filing as required.
- To undertake any duties commensurate with the post.
Skills, Abilities & Knowledge
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).