Staff Nurse - Mental Health Inpatients
Herefordshire and Worcestershire Health and Care NHS Trust
This job is now closed
Are you motivated, enthusiastic and want to make a real difference?
We provide a specialist Inpatient service for adults with mental health needs across 3 inpatient wards. We are looking for you to join our teams at; Hillcrest in Redditch and Holt in Worcester.
Hill Crest and Holt are acute admission and treatment ward based in Redditch and Worcester providing inpatient care. The patient group for Worcestershire is diverse and encompasses a broad spectrum of needs and illnesses.
If you would like to discuss if the role is right for you, contact Dan Fisher on the contact details on the top right-hand side of the advert.
These are permanent posts for full and part time posts. The shifts are fully rotational including nights, weekends and bank holidays.
We can offer you;
- Comprehensive Preceptorship package with protected days to meet with other newly qualified nurses.
- Wide range of training courses alongside high quality mandatory training.
- Educational opportunities linked to the University of Worcester
- Supervision that incudes team and individual supervision, as well as regular line management supervision.
- Opportunities to work in a wide ranging Multi-Disciplinary Team.
- Opportunity to observe, and participate in Schwarz Rounds.
Main duties of the job
We are currently looking for dynamic, caring, and innovative staff nurses RMN or RNLD to make a genuine difference to patients, and their families, throughout their inpatient journey.
You will assist in maintaining high standards of patient care, ensuring patients individuality and privacy are maintained at all times, and ensure that each patient in their care receives an individual nursing assessment and is the subject of a regularly updated care plan which, wherever practicable, is formulated in conjunction with the patient
As an organisation we live by and pride ourselves by our organisational values, which are that we are Caring Ambitious Responsive Empowering Supportive.
We have a Good rating from the CQC and our ambition is to achieve Outstanding!
We pride ourselves on providing high quality person centred care in an inclusive and individualised manner, and are looking to make further improvement to the patient experience.
We are community hospitals, neighbourhood teams and community nursing services across Worcestershire and the provider of Mental Health and Learning Disability services across both Herefordshire and Worcestershire. We work in partnership with other organisations to keep our community well at home for as long as possible.
We provide services for people of all ages, across a range of settings, experiencing both physical and/or mental health conditions.
We have an open and supportive culture, recognised by the CQC and other external regulators. We want you to thrive, offering you every opportunity to develop. We will support you; help you fulfil your ambitions with a varied and flexible training programme; and empower you to make positive changes within your team or service. We endeavour to offer an attractive work-life balance, with flexibility in our approach to help you get the most out of your career.
We provide our staff with direct access to a wealth of resources to support their wellbeing, from our Staff Mental Health and Wellbeing Hub, to wellbeing festivals or access to free online exercise classes.
At the core of our values, we are committed to equality, diversity, inclusion and human rights. We take every opportunity to strengthen our approach to equality and diversity in delivering best patient care and the employment of our staff.
We would encourage you to visit the Trusts Recruitment Microsite, click the Employer Website link.
16 January 2023
Agenda for change
£27,055 to £32,934 a year p.a. (pro rata)
Full-time, Part-time, Flexible working
Holt Ward - Newtown Hospital
You will also;
- Ensure that information regarding patients needs and progress is communicated promptly and accurately to their relatives and other professionals involved in their care having due regard for confidentiality at all times
- Provide leadership to the team of nurses in their charge, supervising, monitoring, supporting and educating them in good professional and clinical practices.
- Assist with individual staff development reviews as required by the Ward Manager
For full details of the duties and criteria for the role please refer to the job description and person specification attached.
- Please indicate your preference of location from the following available; Hillcrest in Redditch, Hadley Unit (PICU) in Worcester and Holt Ward in Worcester
- RN Mental Health, RN (Adult) or RNLD
- Registered on the NMC register
- Evidence of continuing professional development
Skills & Abilities
- Able to assess, plan, implement and evaluate programmes of care
- Uses own initiative and is able to take decisions
- NMC Code of Conduct
- Knowledge of person centred care
- Knowledge of the ageing process and related mental and physical health problems
- Promoting peoples equality, diversity and rights
- Ensuring actions contribute to quality
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
Herefordshire and Worcestershire Health and Care NHS Trust
https://careers.hacw.nhs.uk/ (Opens in a new tab)
For questions about the job, contact:
Ward Manager - Holt Ward
Herefordshire and Worcestershire Health and Care NHS Trust's privacy notice (opens in a new tab)