Social Work Practitioner-Low Secure Setting
Sheffield Health and Social Care NHS Foundation Trust
This job is now closed
Here at Forest Lodge we have a new and exciting social work practitioner post who will provide a Social Work Service to a defined patient caseload and their families and carers.
Forest Lodge is a low secure inpatient unit which includes two wards, an assessment ward and a rehabilitation ward.
We provide assessment, treatment and rehabilitation to offenders who are experiencing mental health problems.
The successful candidate will be supported with their professional development through dedicated supervision with highly experienced and motivated team manager.
As a social worker working at SHSC you will automatically be included in the SHSC social work group where you will have access to specific social work supervision and have many opportunities to develop your social work CPD.
Main duties of the job
You will need to possess excellent communication skills and be able to work independently and as part of the wider team in order to assess, plan and evaluate care. You should have a positive approach to meeting the needs of our service users including families and carers and be motivated, empowered and enthusiastic to both learn and share.
- To plan and arrange subsequent mental health care
- To negotiate clinical input from other services within SHSC to ensure the provision of a clinically appropriate and multi-disciplinary approach
- To develop close working links with other mental health teams and agencies to enable swift and appropriate transfer between services
- To contribute to the development of time limited individual care plans in consultation with patients, families/carers, community teams, primary care and other appropriate service providers
- To provide comprehensive written reports as required
- To participate in clinical supervision both on an individual basis and team/peer supervision
We are passionate about providing the very best care to the people we support, and we're looking for amazing people who share this passion to join us.
What is it that makes our Trust such a special place to work? Well, it's all about the people. Our staff, service users, carer's and families all come from such diverse backgrounds and all have expertise and stories to share which we are keen to listen to and learn from.
We are all very proud of the difference we make to people's lives each and every day and if that's something that you'd like to be part of we'd love to hear from you.
The post holder will work within a multi-disciplinary service and core responsibilities will include:
- To provide a Social Work Service to a defined patient caseload and their families and carers.
- To lead within the MDT on Child and Adult Safeguarding at Forest Lodge
- To be a lead for Family and Friends, including supporting the Family Friends and Carers forum
- To work collaboratively with service users, carers and partner agencies
Knowledge and Skills
Training and Qualifications
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).