Consultant in Community General Adult Psychiatry EIP and Research
Bradford District Care NHS Foundation Trust
This job is now closed
This is a new post derived to cover early intervention in psychosis services in the South and West district (6sessions) and Craven (2 sessions). This is for patients who have been assessed by the hub as having psychosis and accepted into the EIP pathway. EIP team across the Trust including the postholder has 2.4 WTE at Bradford and 0.8 WTE at Airedale & Craven consultant workforce. The post holder will be primary based at South & West CMHT, Bradford and 1 day a week will be holding clinic for the Craven sector at Meridian House. For the Craven sector, as a norm the clinic is based at Meridian House however a Trust site is available at Craven centre should the post-holder prefers to use it. There will be flexibility in the job plan if the post-holder would like to be based at Craven Centre or Meridian House for the day scheduled for Craven in their timetable. The time-table is an indicative one and there is flexibility to move around sessions in discussion with team and other colleagues within EIP service.
Main duties of the job
Our vision, values and goals set out our ambitions and we are all dedicated to:
- Our purpose(what we're here to do) - 'To create connected communities and help people to feel as healthy as they can be at every point in their lives'
- Our vision(our long term goal) - 'To connect people to the best quality care, when and where they need it, and be a national role model as an employer'.
- Our values(how we'll do it) - 'We care, We listen, We deliver'
- Our actions and goals(what we're focusing on) - 'All our activities will contribute to one or more of these goals: best quality services, seamless access, healthy as possible and for staff, best place to work.
- And Our core statement - 'better lives, together', whether it's our staff or the communities we serve.
What you will get:
- Supportive and friendly colleagues
- Personalised Coaching and Mentoring
- Weekly academic teaching
- Fortnightly Consultant Balint group
- Leadership and Development opportunities, including opportunity to become an appraiser and support to complete teaching certificate
- Generous study leave allowance (averaging 10 days per year and up to 30 days leave over 3 years with a budget of £1000 per annum)
- In addition to the annual leave entitlement as per the terms and conditions of Consultant contract, 10 days additional (on pro-rata basis) Time Off In Lieu.
- Generous relocation allowance (if applicable)
Advanced health and wellbeing offers.
Please review the attached job description and person specification for further details about this role.
Closing date: 9th October 2023Shortlisting: 10th October 2023Interview date: 1st November 2023 TBC
Clinical Skills, Knowledge & Experience
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).