Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
This job is now closed
Would you like the opportunity to join a progressive and forward-thinking Payroll and pensions services?
Have you got payroll knowledge, are you quick to learn with excellent customer services skills? We need someone with sufficient knowledge to hit the ground running so ideally, we would like someone with NHS Payroll experience and/or use of ESR alternatively someone with payroll experience with a good skills range and ability to pick up quickly.
ELFS Payroll Services, as a leading shared service payroll provider are looking for the right person to join our very busy team to help ensure we process salaries accurately and on time. You will start by working in the office whilst learning before being able to agile work if you wish. Based at our satellite office in Salford, you will be part of a team of 12, delivering payroll services to a large client of over 20,000 employees.
You will manage your own workload, work to deadlines, often working under pressure whilst supporting colleagues to ensure service delivery is maintained. Good planning and organisation skills is important alongside the passion to help us provide an excellent customer experience.
Main duties of the job
You will be responsible for providing payroll services to Clients. You will manage, plan and organise your own workload, to work independently and to use your initiative to resolve any complex problems arising and communicate solutions effectively, escalating issues when required.
You will also need to work to strict deadlines ensuring accuracy and attention to detail are at the forefront of all tasks undertaken, and input a range of pay affecting data into the National ESR Payroll system. Undertaking a range of calculations (PAYE, Ni, SMP, SSP etc)
Other duties include the appropriate recovery action - taking account of individual circumstances and advising employees in line with departmental procedures, and undertaking corrective action in ESR.
You will also need to ensure correct calculations in line with statutory deductions and correct entries are made in ESR. and respond to payroll queries in a professional and timely manner.
ELFS Shared Services is the business division of Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. As a leading provider in NHS Payroll Services, we combine best practice of shared services solution design with our extensive knowledge and experience in delivering NHS Payroll Services at a cost-effective price. Our payroll services are successfully delivered providing over 100,000 payslips per month across 13 large NHS Trust/ICBs throughout the country in addition to weekly payrolls, ensuring employees are paid accurately and on time.
We work in partnership with our clients building a strong working relationship and in putting our customers at the heart of what we do.
Established in 2002, ELFS is a proven NHS owned Shared Service solution providing Financial and Payroll services to thirty-four NHS client organisations and one CIC's throughout the country from its Head office in Darwen, Lancashire with a satellite unit based at St James House, Salford.
Our payroll department provides a comprehensive Payroll, Pensions, Expenses and Service desk to our clients. We are passionate about providing high quality services, staff development and growing our talent. We understand that quality and accuracy are paramount and encourage our staff on continued learning and development.
The post is based at St James House in the centre of Salford, M6 5FW. We operate hybrid working giving you the flexibility to work from home as well as in the office.
- Every day brings different but rewarding challenges in ensuring NHS staff are accurately and paid on time. Duties include:-
- Making authorised payments to employees accurately and promptly in accordance with Client Organisation Standing Financial Instructions, policies
- Ensure payments are in line with Statutory legislation, NHS terms and conditions of service or any locally agreed variations.
- Accurately inputting a range of pay affecting data into the National ESR Payroll system. Undertaking a range of calculations (PAYE, Ni, SMP, SSP etc)
- Working to strict deadlines ensuring accuracy and attention to detail are at the forefront of all tasks undertaken.
- Undertaking checking procedures, identifying any discrepancies and undertaking corrective action in ESR.
- Understanding of NHS Pension alongside any alternative pension schemes applying autoenrollment duties and ensuring correct banding and deductions are made.
- Providing support to staff responding to queries in a timely manner, explaining information clearly in order to resolve query.
- The job description and person specification are an outline to the tasks, responsibilities and outcomes required of the role.
- The job description and person specification may be reviewed on an on-going basis in accordance with the changing needs to the department and the organisation.