Consultant Anaesthetist Generalist
Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust
The closing date is 03 March 2024
Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust are seeking a Consultant Anaesthetist to join our expanding anaesthetic department. The post has an on-call responsibility for general anaesthetic and labour ward duties.
Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust is a split site NHS Trust which provides anaesthetic services at High Wycombe and Stoke Mandeville Hospitals. The successful applicants will be expected to work at both sites.
The Anaesthetic Department provides anaesthesia services to support General Surgery, Emergency Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, ENT and Maxillo-Facial, Ophthalmics, Trauma and Orthopaedics (including spinal orthopaedics), Burns and Plastic Surgery, anaesthesia for spinal injury patients, Breast, Urology, Paediatric, ECT and Interventional Radiology.
Relocation Support would be considered for the successful applicant, as per the Trust policy, subject to eligibility.
Planned AAC Interview Date is Friday 22 March 2024.
Main duties of the job
The successful post holder will be expected to work at both Stoke Mandeville and High Wycombe hospitals to deliver Consultant level anaesthesia. This could include emergency, trauma, plastics trauma, ophthalmics, obstetrics, or anaesthesia for spinal injured patients on the SMH site, or anaesthesia for elective surgery, or pre-operative assessment on the Wycombe site for the specialties previously listed.
Listen to why colleagues think we are a great place to work! -https://bit.ly/3DNEQfD
What does Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust offer you?
- As part of our BHT family, you'll benefit from learning and development opportunities to support your career progression.
- We offer flexible and agile workingopportunities,alongside your NHS benefits ofgenerous annual leave entitlement, pension andaccess toNHS discount schemes.
- We provide a range of health and wellbeing services to promote a healthy, happy workforce.
Why work for us?
- We'recommitted to promoting inclusion and making sure all colleagues feel they belong. We encourage new colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.
- As an employer, we aim to create a workplace where differences are valued and colleagues treat one another with dignity and respect.
- Greater diversity within our BHT family improves positive outcomes for the people and communities we serve.
What do we stand for?
- Our vision is to provide outstanding care, support healthy communities and be a great place to work.
- Our mission is to provide personal and compassionate care every time.
- Our CARE values are collaborate, aspire, respect and enable.
For a comprehensive list of responsibilities and duties, please kindly refer to the Job Description and Person Specification by downloading the JD and PS attachment in the advert.
Qualifications and Training
Skills, abilities and knowledge
Trust 'CARE' Values
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).