District Nurse/Community Case Manager Nurse - Marlow ACHT
Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust
This job is now closed
Marlow Adult Community Health Care Team (ACHT) is delighted to announce a Band 6 District Nurse/ Community Nurse /Case Manager positions:
- 1 x full time 37.5 hours per week or Part time
- The team leadership is made up of a Community team lead, an Advanced Case Manager who is qualified as Clinical Practice Teacher in district nursing, an advanced case manager who has extensive skills managing teams.
The ACHT reflects an integrated approach that has been designed in response to the changing needs of the local population, with a special emphasis being placed on the proactive vision of care for patients in the community setting, including caseload management, prevention of admission, reablement and end of life care. In addition, emphasis is being placed on candidates to successfully facilitate timely discharge from hospital utilising a co-ordinated approach to care in partnership with key care partners.
Main duties of the job
- The case management model will provide interventions tailored to meet the needs of the individual
- To contribute to processes for proactively case finding patients who are very high intensity users of community and primary healthcare and / or are at high risk of unplanned admission to hospital
- Assess the physical and psycho-social needs of the defined case load instigating therapeutic treatments and care delivery based on best available evidence
- To improve health outcomes using specialist nursing skills and knowledge
- To undertake referral management to develop and establish case management programmes for patients referred to the Adult Community Healthcare Teams
- To manage a caseload of patients with long term conditions who would benefit from case management
Listen to why colleagues think we are a great place to work! - BHT - A great place to work (buckshealthcare.nhs.uk)
What does Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust offer you?
- As part of our BHT family, you'll benefit from learning and development opportunities to support your career progression.
- We offer flexible and agile workingopportunities,alongside your NHS benefits ofgenerous annual leave entitlement, pension andaccess toNHS discount schemes.
- We provide a range of health and wellbeing services to promote a healthy, happy workforce.
Why work for us?
- We're committed to promoting inclusion and making sure all colleagues feel they belong. We encourage new colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.
- As an employer, we aim to create a workplace where differences are valued and colleagues treat one another with dignity and respect.
- Greater diversity withinourBHT familyimprovespositive outcomes for the people and communities we serve.
Main advert details (continued)
What do we stand for?
- Our vision is to provide outstanding care, support healthy communities and be a great place to work.
- Our mission is to provide personal and compassionate care every time.
- Our care values are collaborate, aspire, respect and enable.
For a comprehensive list of responsibilities and duties, please kindly refer to the Job Description and Person Specification by downloading the JD and PS attachment in the advert.
If you are an internal applicant there is the option for secondment, all applicants must have the endorsement/support of their line manager prior to application.
If you have a disability that makes submitting this online application difficult and would like assistance, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the vacancy reference number.
Education, Qualifications & Training
Skills, Abilities & Knowledge
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).