Outreach Clinician - Adult SCI
Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust
This job is now closed
An exciting opportunityhas arisen for a registered nurse or AHP ( Physio or occupational therapist ) Band 6 at the National Spinal Injuries Centre (NSIC) with the acute outreach service.
The post holder requires sound clinical knowledge and recent experience working with spinal cord injury patients and their families. The successful candidate will be required to work collaboratively and flexibly with a wide range of healthcare professionals internally and externally to the Trust / NSIC. The candidate will have Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Main duties of the job
- To undertake specialised and comprehensive assessments newly injured adults with a SCI and advise on treatment strategies for these patients with complex and diverse presentations.
- To recognise own clinical and professional limitations and act accordingly e.g. by seeking advice from the team and other senior clinical colleagues.
- To maintain comprehensive, accurate and evaluative records of patient care, in accordance with professional, legal, departmental and Trust requirements.
- To provide expert advice, guidance, and teaching for the NSIC multi-disciplinary team and other professionals working in spinal cord injury outside the NSIC, as well as patients, relatives and carers.
- To ensure that valid informed consent has been given for all forms of clinical intervention within the legal framework.
- To risk assess and undertake complex manual handling techniques involving patients where necessary, following appropriate training in line with organisational manual handling policies.
- To manage potentially stressful, upsetting, or emotional situations involving either staff or patients, in an empathetic manner.
Listen to why colleagues think we are a great place to work!
What does Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust offer you?o As part of our BHT family, you'll benefit from learning and development opportunities to support your career progression.o We offer flexible and agile working opportunities, alongside your NHS benefits of generous annual leave entitlement, pension and access to NHS discount schemes. o We provide a range of health and wellbeing services to promote a healthy, happy workforce.Why work for us?o We're committed to promoting inclusion and making sure all colleagues feel they belong. We encourage new colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.o As an employer, we aim to create a workplace where differences are valued and colleagues treat one another with dignity and respect.o Greater diversity within our BHT family improves positive outcomes for the people and communities we serve.What do we stand for?o Our vision is to provide outstanding care, support healthy communities and be a great place to work.o Our mission is to provide personal and compassionate care every time.o Our CARE values are collaborate, aspire, respect and enable.
For a comprehensive list of responsibilities and duties, please kindly refer to the Job Description and Person Specification by downloading the JD and PS attachment in the advert.
If you are an internal applicant there is the option for secondment, all applicants must have the endorsement/support of their line manager prior to application.
Education, Qualifications & Training
Skills, Abilities & Knowledge
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).