East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation Trust
This job is now closed
We are excited to offer the opportunity for an Infrastructure Technician to join our growing Digital and Logistics IT Team.
You're primary focus will be part of an extensive Trust wide Unified Communication (UC) project.
As an Infrastructure technician, you will be instrumental in ensuring all staff members across our Acute Hospitals and Community sites have the Cloud enabled technology available to them at all times, regardless of role, location and their preferred device(s) to enable them to continue providing excellent patient care.
Main duties of the job
- You will undertake day to day tasks whilst working closely with the organisation's IT Service Desk, Infrastructure and Desktop support teams during the planning, the pre-staging of traditional telephone handsets and Wi-Fi cordless devices in clinical areas.
- Undertake system configuration which includes working within Active Directory and the Cloud UC administrative software to the phased deployment of the UC functions to the end users, including O365 and Microsoft Teams to more traditional telephony functions such as a desk phone.
- The daily management of the roles and functions and ensuring any changes that are made to the platform affecting the end user experience form part of the ITIL change management process.
- Great communication and customer service skills are essential as the role may include conducting face-to-face appointments for the collecting of information relating to any current and future UC requirements.
- A good technical understanding of Active Directory, O365, basic telephony systems including SIP within a large organisational structure would be beneficial to this role.
- You will be working from multiple sites within ESNEFT, but will also have the opportunity to work from home where applicable when planning deployments, configuring software and allocating resources in readiness for the next deployment phase.
- There will be a requirement to carry out some business as usual (BAU) duties on-site should elements of the service become unavailable.
One of the largest Trusts in East Anglia, East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation Trust (ESNEFT) provide hospital and community health services to people living across a wide geographical area. We deliver care from two main hospitals in Colchester and Ipswich, six community hospitals and in patients' own homes. You will be joining a team of almost 12,000 amazing colleagues providing care to approximately a million people.
Along with supporting you to achieve your career goals we offer a generous pension scheme, unsocial hours payments (if applicable), 27 days annual leave on commencement (pro rata) and access to a range of NHS discounts. Our Staff Health and Wellbeing programme offer a range of services including mental health support. We offer a range of flexible working opportunities.
Our philosophy is that Time Matters to everyone. Across the Trust, we concentrate on improving the things we do and removing those which do not work or cause time delays for our staff and patients.
If you want to develop your skills and knowledge then we are keen to hear from you.
Find out about living and working with us - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkPu7HphU8A
- Have a good understanding of the UC platform, its basic design and core functions including integration into Microsoft Teams and traditional telephone and wireless handsets
- Administer the Cloud UC platform, providing access to services and functions, including permissions within Active Directory required as part of any individual or team role(s)
- Work closely with multiple services, colleagues and teams on a daily basis both before and during and after their migration from the current telephony system across to the new UC platform as part of a phased approach.
- Travelling to multiple sites as required and where any deployments are scheduled. Some transportation of equipment may be required.
- Carry out basic triage of issues arising during and after any migrations.
- Manage an ongoing issues log during migrations which will form part of a central knowledge base.
- Work collaboratively with the IT Service Desk, Infrastructure and Desktop teams to aid the smooth transition of support into Business as Usual (BAU) to provide end users with excellent customer service experience.
- Log and manage any UC related calls that come through the ServiceNow support software.
- Carry out 2nd line duties when required subject to when ongoing deployments and priorities allow.
- Escalate any issues or identified risks to the appropriate team to ensure a quick resolution.
- Provide regular update reports during migrations to show progress across the UC program.
For full details of the responsibilities and duties of this role please see the attached job description.