Qualified Dental Nurse - Kingswood House Dental, Harrogate
Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust
This job is now closed
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and highly motivated full time Qualified Dental Nurse to work as part of the team in the HDFT Community Dental Services, the post will be placed on the AFC Band 4 pay scale.
The Community Dental Service is a specialised service that provides dental treatment for children, adults and older people who, because of additional needs such as learning disabilities, physical disabilities or vulnerability, are unable to access general dental care.
This role is based in Harrogate and the successful candidate will work as part of the West Locality Community Dental Services team and Dental Services General Anaesthetic team at Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust
Indicative timetable of hours and days:
Main duties of the job
- Carry out clerical and administrative/clinical duties to ensure efficient operation of the clinic.
- Responsible for ensuring a high standard of infection prevention control is maintained within the dental clinics.
At Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust we provide 'outstanding' care to both our patients and our staff. We support staff through benefits, health and wellbeing initiatives and opportunities for personal and professional development.
- An inclusive and supportive culture - our Trust encourages staff to bring their whole selves to work and active Staff Networks identify areas for improvement.
- Staff Recognition - as well as regular appraisals, we recognise staff with our Making a Difference, Team of the Month Awards & Colleague Recognition Awards
- Employee Support and wellbeing - we have a comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme, counselling service and fast track physiotherapy service for employees.
- Staff Benefits - We have a range of staff benefits and schemes to support staff health, engagement, wellbeing and inclusion.
The Salaried Primary Care Dental Services sits within the Community Childrens and Countywide Care Directorate
The Salaried Primary Care Dental Service provides comprehensive clinical and administrative procedures for patients, both children and adults, including those who may have special needs, whom may have challenging behaviour, communication difficulties, dental phobias, sensitive and / or complicated medical histories.
For further information on this position please see the Job Description attached.
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).