Finance Officer - Accounts Payable
York and Scarborough Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
This job is now closed
York and Scarborough Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our busy Financial Services Accounts Payable Team on a full-time basis. We are a dedicated team who are committed to providing a high-quality service.
Our successful candidate will be responsible for the processing of invoices for payment on behalf of York and Scarborough Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
There will be regular occasions that involve travelling to work with the AP Team based at Scarborough Hospital .
Feel free to call us for an informal chat about the role.
Main duties of the job
- The processing of invoices for payment on the computerised accounting system, in accordance with organisational policies and procedures and ensuring VAT is correctly accounted for.
- The reconciliation of suppliers' statements & investigating outstanding invoices.
- To assist in achieving the Better Payment Practise Code (BPPC) targets as set by the DoH
- To Provide assistance and advice to suppliers regarding routine and complex queries on invoices received or payments made,
- To provide financial and non-financial assistance and advice to other staff and senior managers throughout the Trust.
We offer a range of benefits to support our staff including:
- Access to the NHS Pension Scheme, providing generous benefits upon retirement, as well as a lump sum and pension for dependants
- 27 days holiday rising to 33 days (depending on NHS Trust service)
- A variety of different types of paid and unpaid leave covering emergency and planned leave
- Confidential advice and support on personal, work, family and relationship issues, 24/7, from our Employee Assistance Programme
- NHS Car Lease scheme and Cycle to Work scheme
- An extensive range of learning and development opportunities
- Discounts on restaurants, getaways, shopping, motoring, cinema and finance from a range of providers
For further information on the fantastic range of benefits we offer please visit the Trust's dedicated Staff Benefits pages.
A full description of the role is available in the attachment: job description.
Working for the Trust
Across our organisation, people are guided by values that were co-developed with staff: we are kind; we are open; and we pursue excellence.
Our values play into our ambition to develop a more diverse workforce, truly representative of our communities. We welcome applications from everyone, while working with our Staff Networks - including our Race Equality, LGBTQ+, Disability and Carers Networks - to increase the number of applications we receive from different backgrounds. If there is anything we can do to make our application process more accessible to you, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of seeking to become more inclusive, we will consider requests for flexible working from the start of your employment. It may not be suitable for every role, but we will try and be supportive where we can. We would encourage you to speak to the recruiting manager named within this advert to discuss any requirements you may have.
Armed Forces Friendly Employer
We are holders of the Gold Award from the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme, which is helping actively promote SaBRE - Supporting Britains Reservists and Employers. This means that we have made a statement of intent to support all Defence personnel, including with applications for employment.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
Our Trust continues to strongly encourage our staff to be vaccinated against COVID19, this remains our best defence to protect our patients, ourselves and everyone else.