Deputy Service Manager
York and Scarborough Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
This job is now closed
Are you looking for a new challenge?
We are looking for an enthusiastic worker with previous administrative and supervisory experience to assist in the management of Dermatology.
You will be essential to the smooth running of service in its day to day function.
You will assist in managing the administration function of the Dermatology department ensuring that adequate administrative support is provided at all times through both the development and maintenance of appropriate working practices and procedures, and the effective management of staff. Clinic management is crucial to this role, dealing with appointment requests, cancellations, slot filling are included but not exhaustive.
Main duties of the job
- Communicates with a range of contacts, for example, Managers, support staff, staff from other Departments and external clients. The information will, in the main, be complex and/or sensitive and, on occasions, require a tactful approach.
- Plan and organise the administrative function. Be required to prioritise own work and possibly that of others to ensure priorities are met and quality is not compromised, making appropriate judgements.
- Monitors the quality of work in own area and alerts others to quality issues, reporting any errors or issues to the appropriate person.
- Produce reports and other documents as required, analysing and resolving any issues. A flexible approach will be required in order to ensure that appropriate adjustments can be made relevant to changing circumstances.
- If appropriate, be responsible for the supervision of other staff, which may include the co-ordination of work activity. Ensures the appropriate induction of new or less experienced staff. Offers help and guidance to others to support their development or to help them complete their work requirements effectively.
- Must have relevant and recent clinic management experience, including the ability to build and maintain clinic templates to ensure the effective running of clinics. including experience of template reconfiguration.
- Appointment booking process, particularly booking Fast Track and Rapid appointments within NHS guidelines, including CAS service.
We offer a range of benefits to support our staff including:
- Access to the NHS Pension Scheme, providing generous benefits upon retirement, as well as a lump sum and pension for dependants
- 27 days holiday rising to 33 days (depending on NHS Trust service)
- A variety of different types of paid and unpaid leave covering emergency and planned leave
- Confidential advice and support on personal, work, family and relationship issues, 24/7, from our Employee Assistance Programme
- NHS Car Lease scheme and Cycle to Work scheme
- An extensive range of learning and development opportunities
- Discounts on restaurants, getaways, shopping, motoring, cinema and finance through a of providers
For further information on the fantastic range of benefits we offer please visit the Trust's dedicated Staff Benefits pages.
A full description of the role is available in the attachment: job description.
Across our organisation, people are guided by values that were co-developed with staff: we are kind; we are open; and we pursue excellence.
Our values play into our ambition to develop a more diverse workforce, truly representative of our communities. We welcome applications from everyone, while working with our Staff Networks - including our Race Equality, LGBTQ+, Disability and Carers Networks - to increase the number of applications we receive from different backgrounds. If there is anything we can do to make our application process more accessible to you, please contact: email@example.com
As part of seeking to become more inclusive, we will consider requests for flexible working from the start of your employment. It may not be suitable for every role, but we will try and be supportive where we can. We would encourage you to speak to the recruiting manager named within this advert to discuss any requirements you may have.
Armed Forces Friendly Employer
We are holders of the Gold Award from the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme, which is helping actively promote SaBRE - Supporting Britains Reservists and Employers. This means that we have made a statement of intent to support all Defence personnel, including with applications for employment.
Our Trust continues to strongly encourage our staff to be vaccinated against COVID19, this remains our best defence to protect our patients, ourselves and everyone else.