Assistant Service Manager - Clinical Systems Service
Dorset County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
This job is now closed
Are you an experienced business manager or service lead, looking to take your next step in management? Do you want to develop your management skills in a new service area, and learn more about the role of digital in health care service delivery? If so, then we want to talk to you! We are looking for an experienced manager with a wealth of business and people management experience, who can bring these skills into our service.
A rare opportunity has arisen in our Clinical Systems Services team, for a non-technical manager to join the team as Assistant Service Manager. This position is available for 18 months. We would consider appointing to this role on either a fixed-term or a secondment basis. If you are applying to the post with the intention of taking it on as secondment, please ensure that you speak with your line manager prior to submitting your application.
Main duties of the job
The purpose of this role is to support the Clinical Systems Service Manager in ensuring that the Service is providing a high quality, dependable, and effective service to the Trust and to ensure that the Service is effectively represented in ICS digital/clinical systems initiatives.
- Line management of all staff within the service, including Human Resource management tasks like recruitment, sickness management, performance management, staff 1:1s and appraisals, and annual leave planning.
- Attendance at meetings, representing the business-related aspects of service delivery and deputising for the Service Manager.
- Effective use of and allocation of resources to ensure successful operational BAU and project-related work.
- Establishing, improving, and reporting against service Key Performance Indicators including promoting a culture of exceptional customer service.
- Provide active liaison and engagement with clinical and operational services, driving improvements to service delivery and building collaborative working practices with service users and promoting the uptake and utilisation of digital solutions.
- Business continuity, business recovery, and business resilience planning, including for planned downtimes, upgrades, and periods of Trust-wide operational pressures as well as ensuring effective co-ordination of service response to unexpected resilience events.
The Digital Services team is a friendly, supportive, and dedicated group of digital professionals who are committed to providing outstanding support services to Dorset County Hospital.
The post holder will work closely with digital colleagues from services including:
- Clinical Systems
- Digital Portfolio Team
- Digital Transformation Team
- Business Intelligence
- Health Records
- Clinical Coding
- Digital Technology and Infrastructure
- Digital Change and Training
- Dorset ICS Partner Organisations
The post holder will also be in regular contact with clinical, operational, and management colleagues from across the organisation as well as finance, human resources, and other support services.
The successful candidate will be fully supported and be provided with opportunities to develop new skills and knowledge as part of their role.
Our DCHFT Job Description and Person Specification (attached) tells you all about this role, what to expect and what is needed to succeed. When completing your application please make sure to tell us how your experience and skills fit the person specification.
Please contact us atRecruitment@dchft.nhs.ukif you are unable to view or download the attachment.
For all our roles, we are looking for staff who hold our Trust Values of Integrity, Respect Teamwork and Excellence, and who are passionate about providing the best patient care. To read more about our Trust and our Values search Dorset County Hospital online.