Band 6 Assistant Service Manager
Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust
This job is now closed
Please see attached job description for more information about this role and working at Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust.
Main duties of the job
Are you a motivated individual looking to make a difference in the NHS? Respiratory Medicine is currently looking for a compassionate and organised Assistant Service Manager to support service delivery at the Royal Free hospital site.
The post holder will work with their administrative team to drive and deliver excellent person-centred care and customer service. They will take the lead in all aspects of delivery, including RTT & DM01 Performance, outpatient clinic management, admin team management and more. Working closely with the Assistant Operations Manager, they will ensure that effective management and delivery underpins the leadership of the services they manage. The post holder will help achieve the Respiratory Medicine strategy, working with compassion and enthusiasm to deliver for our consultants, patients, and staff.
The post holder will be supported by the senior leaders in the unit, who will support continuous professional development. This is a fantastic opportunity for people looking to take the next step in their career, whether coming from an NHS or a private background.
The Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust is one of the UK's biggest and most innovative trusts. Across three main hospitals, our dedicated army of staff care for over 1.6million patients, treat more than 200,000 in A&E, deliver over 8,000 babies and carry out more than 17million tests.
Our size, scale and influence offer you unrivalled career opportunities and a forward-thinking approach to working that works around your lifestyle. From flexible hours and generous benefits, to next level training, we make it easier to take your career to the top
For more information please follow linkhttps://www.royalfreelondonjobs.co.uk/
Royal Free World Class Values
- Demonstrable ability to meet the Trust Values
Education & Professional Qualifications
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- Management Qualification
- Significant demonstrable experience of working in the private healthcare sector or NHS in a middle management /supervisory/team leader position
- To demonstrate a significant level of management in a customer service environment
- Previous experience of line managing staff in a customer service/patient facing environment
- To demonstrate evidence of service improvement
Skills and aptitudes
- Ability to manage performance/capability/ sickness
- High level of organisational skills and ability to manage allocation of workload across individuals
- Flexible / adaptable
- Computer literate and strong working knowledge and professional proficiency in the use of: Microsoft Office packages, EPR, CRIS, IRRIS, EDRM, Dictate IT and Luna.
- Focused on leading an empowered team
- Demonstrate the skills to continually improve the service
- Deal effectively with any service specific issues that arise
- Ability to deal with complaints in an appropriate manner
- To implement new ways of working and document standard operating procedures
- Ability to balance individual needs against service needs/delivery
- Ability to present information to an individual or group as appropriate
- Good understanding of wider NHS relationships between GPs and other referrers; consultants etc
- Understanding of the requirements regarding patient confidentiality
- Understanding of best practice in customer service environments
- Understanding of targets and initiatives relating to Respiratory Medicine
- Understanding of Trusts data quality requirements
- Target setting and performance monitoring
Personal Qualities and Attributes
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Attention to detail
- Well organised and practical with a logical, analytical approach to work
- Meticulous with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure in a dynamic and changing environment
- Ability to work on own in pursuit of team objectives
- Positive and motivated
Royal Free World Class Values
Education & professional Qualifications
Skills and aptitudes
Personal Qualities & attributes
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).