Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust
This job is now closed
This is a 10 PA substantive post for a consultant nephrologist. The post will support the existing innovative clinical and academic programme in chronic kidney disease, community-based kidney care, renal transplantation and dialysis across the North Central London sector.The postholder will provide a 1:9 nephrology on-call commitment and specialist clinic at Hampstead site and general nephrology clinic, dialysis and inpatient reviews at Barnet hospital. In addition, the post includes virtual CKD triage, teaching and educational supervision and full participation in the educational and CPD activities of the department.The Royal Free is an established centre of excellence for nephrology and transplantation services and the development of these specialties is consistent with the strategic plans of both the Trust and the UCL Medical School. An expansion in the kidney care programme features as an important element in the Royal Free's integrated business plan and long-term financial model and in its development as one of the leading national transplant sites.
Main duties of the job
- Weekly specialist clinic
- Care for a dialysis cohort of 40-50 patients including weekly clinic and monthly MDT
- Weekly general nephrology clinic at Barnet hospital
- Inpatient review for renal patients at Barnet hospital twice a week
- Provision of virtual kidney care consultations via an online advice and guidance portal
- A commitment to the 1:9 nephrology and renal transplant on call rota at the Royal Free Hospital
- Attendance at weekly X-ray meeting, renal pathology meeting and academic afternoon at RFH
- Support of infection prevention & control and antimicrobial stewardship activities
- Participation in the supervision and training of specialty trainees and clinical scientists, teaching of other junior trainees, medical students and hospital staff as appropriate
- Participation in the undergraduate teaching programme
- Participation in clinical audit and quality improvement
- Participation in service development and policy review
- Participation in CPD and quality assurance activity including annual appraisal and revalidation
The Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust is one of the UK's biggest and most innovative trusts. Across three main hospitals, our dedicated army of staff care for over 1.6million patients, treat more than 200,000 in A&E, deliver over 8,000 babies and carry out more than 17million tests.
Our size, scale and influence offer you unrivalled career opportunities and a forward-thinking approach to working that works around your lifestyle. From flexible hours and generous benefits, to next level training, we make it easier to take your career to the top
For more information please follow linkhttps://www.royalfreelondonjobs.co.uk/
Please refer to the main duties of the job and also the job description. Please get in contact with us if you would like more information.
Royal Free World Class Values
Education & professional Qualifications
Skills and aptitudes
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).