Assistant Clinical lead for Anaesthetics (ODP or Anaesthetic Nurse)
Mid and South Essex NHS Foundation Trust
This job is now closed
If you want to be part of a highly motivated patient focused team then we are looking for you.
We need to recruit 2 experienced ODP's or anaesthetic Nurses to join our Theatre Team here at Basildon Hospital. We are part of an MSE and there are always opportunities for you to work across the sites if desired and to gain experience within our Cardio Thoracic Theatres.
We cover many specialities and there are opportunities to extend and further develop your skills by attending or undertaking study days and courses.
Main duties of the job
We take pride in ourselves on being a warm and welcoming team and work within the ethos that "the patient is the most important person in the room". We value our staff as well as our patients. This really is an excellent opportunity to develop your skills and move your career forward in a best learning environment.
- Ensuring a high standard of patient care supported by evidence-based practice
- Quality and timeliness of service provided by the Anaesthetic & Recovery speciality teams
- Taking the lead for ensuring that the clinical needs of the theatre service, including all outreach areas are being met
- Work with the Theatre Manager/Matron to ensure effective utilisation of all theatre staff
- Deputise for the Clinical Leads.
- To Support the Departmental Education & Practice facilitators in ensuring surgeons and staff receive appropriate training prior to the introduction of new procedures/equipment.
- To ensure junior team members have annual appraisals and Personal Development Plan agreed and are assessed on their ability/competence in line with the KSF.
- To formulate and participate in on call rotas as deemed necessary.
- Ensure that the IT e.g.: ORMIS and HealthRoster systems are maintained
- Ensure Best Value and LEAN principles are applied to all aspects of the service.
Mid and South Essex NHS Foundation Trust is now one of the largest in the country, with a workforce of approximately 15,000 who serve a population of 1.2 million people. We work together, and in conjunction with MSE Health and Care Partnership, to deliver excellent local and specialist services, to improve the health and wellbeing of our patients in a compassionate way, and provide a respectful, but vibrant place for staff to develop, innovate and build careers.
From facilities through to consultant specialists we want to be the best, to achieve this we need to recruit not just those who are the finest in their field but also those who have the potential to be. Yes, experience is important but so is outlook - if you are dynamic, forward-thinking and enthusiastic we want you to join us.
We not only offer you a good working environment with flexible working opportunities, but also the opportunity to develop your career with access to appropriate training for your job and the support to succeed and progress.
22 May 2023
Agenda for change
£35,392 a year Per Annum (Pro Rata for Part Time)
Full-time, Flexible working
You will support the Clinical Leads and Theatre Manager/Matron in the general management at unit level and the management of the anaesthetic in-patient and day- case service operative in all theatre areas, ensuring the team is dedicated to delivering excellent anaesthetic care, throughout the patients journey.
For full details about this varied and rewarding role, please see attached job description.
We look forward to your application.
- Professional registration
- Previous experience as an ODP or anesthetic Nurse in an operating room setting
- Live Teaching Qualification or a willingness to undertake
- Flexible to meet the needs of the service
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
Mid and South Essex NHS Foundation Trust
For questions about the job, contact:
Mid and South Essex NHS Foundation Trust's privacy notice (opens in a new tab)