Receptionist (Patient Experience )
Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
This job is now closed
Hours: Part time / flexible working
Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is looking to appoint a Receptionist. We are flexible in offering Part time or flexible working posts to the right candidate.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and conscientious team member who is willing to learn. The role is demanding and interesting and will require someone who is flexible and able to work under pressure and deal with a variety of tasks.
The ideal applicant will be friendly with excellent customer service skills and work well within a team, whilst also able to use their own initiative. Good IT skills and an ability to work within a busy environment. Previous NHS receptionist experience would be advantageous.
The successful candidate will be required to work at the main reception desks at both Bradford Royal Infirmary and St Luke's Hospital.
If you have good IT and communication skills and enjoy working in a team then we would like to hear from you. We are a busy, friendly team, who would welcome the opportunity to work with a new member of staff willing to contribute to the on-going development of the services we provide.
For an informal discussion please contact: Zoe Wagstaff, Patient Experience Complaints Coordinator by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01274 364810.
Main duties of the job
- To provide excellent customer service, welcoming patients, visitors and members of the public into the hospital, providing directions, guidance and help as required
- Dealing with telephone enquiries in a pleasant, helpful manner
- Liaise closely with Voluntary Services who provide a guiding service at the main receptions
- Assist in the handling of verbal complaints
- Liaise with Patient Experience team to refer enquirers and complainants
- Communicate effectively with a range of professional and non-professional staff from within the and outside the Trust
- Receive urgent notes, post and specimens to transfer across site via the shuttle
- Book contract taxis for wards and departments, as requested
- Monitoring of section papers issued ensuring they are actioned appropriately
- Liaise with Security as required where security is compromised
- Make announcements as requested using the tannoy system
- Use of EPR to access patient information maintaining confidentiality at all times
- Maintenance of photocopiers, reporting repairs and problems and ordering consumables
- Issue, receipt and safe keeping of keys and swipe cards
- Issuing concessionary parking permits within Trust guidance
- Taking seminar room bookings and providing a weekly timetable of meetings to display
- General administrative duties
- Other duties as requested related to the role
- To work in line with Trust policy, procedures and guidance, ensuring best practice quality and governance standards are adhered to
Our People Charter outlines the behaviours we can expect from one another and what you can expect from Bradford Teaching Hospitals Foundation Trust:
- We value people
- We are one team
- We care
We're keen to meet people who share these values and are passionate about delivering the highest quality of care to our patients.
Please see attached for the job description document for this post for further details in regards to the main responsibilities of the role.
Closing date may change dependent on the response
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).