Trust Doctor (CT1-2 equivalent) in Emergency Medicine
Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust
This job is now closed
We have a fantastic opportunity to work within the Emergency Department as a Locally Employed Doctor. We are looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic and motivated doctor to work as part of the clinical team in the Emergency Department. In return we are offering flexible posts with clinical time ranging from 50 -100%, thereby offering flexible time for personal, academic and other clinical pursuits. We are keen to encourage development of specialist interests within the Emergency Department and will support training in areas such as Simulation and Emergency Ultrasound. There is also funding available for those wishing to achieve a Post Graduate Certificate.
Main duties of the job
Main duties of the job
This post will be Emergency Department based.
- Responsible for the Primary care of patients in the Emergency Department including treatment of trauma, major and minor cases
- Referral of patients to appropriate in-patient facilities as appropriate
- Care of critically ill patients and resuscitation of patients in the Emergency Department
- Participation in the full shift rota pattern
- Involvement in Emergency Department multi-disciplinary team meetings
- Involvement in patient queue management
- Active involvement in audit and the development of departmental policies
- Active involvement in lunchtime 'learning bite' teaching, and weekly departmental SHO teaching
- The post holder will be required to work Bank Holidays, as per the rota and will receive time off in lieu
The Trust has a great reputation for education and training, supported by feedback from Health Education England, working across the South West. We are leaders in innovation and have been at the forefront of many national service improvement initiatives.
The Trust is a designated Major Trauma Unit and plays a full and active role in the Peninsula Trauma Network. Emergency and Major Incident planning is led by the department.
We are committed to a seven-day Consultant led service delivering high quality emergency care to our patients.
All hospital Medical and Dental Staff are required to be appropriately registered with the General Medical (with a licence to practice) / Dental Council to practice in the UK. Evidence of such registration will be necessary before a post is offered. Failure to maintain registration will result in termination of contract.
- Ability to take a focused medical, Paediatric and surgical history
- Ability to perform complete systems examinations
- Ability to request and interpret appropriate investigations including radiographs, biochemistry and Haematology results
- Communication and referral skills
- Ability to work as part of a team in patient management
- Basic airway management
- Basic life support skills
- Wound care and fracture management
You will receive an appropriate departmental induction which will equip you with the skills required to assess patients of all ages and presenting complaints, and build upon existing knowledge.
On a rolling daily basis, you will be allocated to different areas within the Emergency Department ensuring you get exposure of all key areas, including helping to support the team in Resus, the Respiratory Area, Paediatrics, Majors and Ambulatory/Minors areas.
Essential & Desirable
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).