Senior Project Manager
University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust (UHBW)
This job is now closed
You will provide high quality project management for complex capital projects over a wide range of values from inception to commissioning and handover to the Maintenance Manager and /or the clinical service manager - and significantly contribute to the management of the Trust's multi-campus, multi-building estate and property portfolio.
You will work to design, specify and cost to an approved brief and to deliver a completed signed off scheme to agreed programmes on time, within budget, and to specification.
Main duties of the job
Main duties of the role will include:
- Assess and prepare service user briefs, identifying the service requirements, objectives to be achieved and Healthcare specific standards (HTMs and HBNs) to be met. Compile and obtain approval to a Project Initiation Document/brief.
- Responsible for new works and delegated capital schemes. Involving both direct labour trade staff and contractors.
- Assess feasibility of potential projects both spatially (space planning in accordance with legislative and best practice guidance), forming budget estimates for clients within an agreed timeframe (Estates Service Level Agreement) and utilising the skills of in-house Building and Engineering Estates Officers and other external professionals, as and when required.
- Lead on and provide professional expert advice on approach to producing feasibility reports and business case reports for consideration by the users, Divisional Managers, and the Trust's Executive groups.
- To deputise for the General Manager of Projects as and when required inclusive of undertaking line management duties. To line manage the Project Managers/ Assistant Project Managers and supporting Administrators on a day-to-day basis.
University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust (UHBW) is one of the largest acute Trusts in the country, bringing together a combined workforce of over 13,000 staff and over 100 different clinical services across 10 different sites, serving a core population of more than 500,000 people across South West England. UHBW has been rated by the CQC as 'Good' overall and our staff are proud to deliver excellent care to the people of Bristol, Weston and beyond.
As a forward-thinking multi-award winning Trust and a digital exemplar committed to improving patient care, our world-leading research and innovations are having a positive local and global impact. Our hospitals are spread across Bristol and Weston, join us and you can enjoy the very best of both worlds; city living within a stone's throw of the countryside or beside the seaside, both with easy access to all that the South West has to offer. UHBW is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
As an equal opportunities employer actively working towards a diverse workforce we aim to recruit and retain a workforce which represents the rich diversity of the local population at all levels and are committed to designing our services around the needs of individual patients and those around them. Anonymous information will be used from your application in order to ensure we're meeting our pledge.
For a more detailed job description and main responsibilities, please refer to the job description document attached to this vacancy.
Knowledge and Experience
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).