University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust (UHBW)
This job is now closed
Are you innovative and forward thinking? Are you looking to join a collaborative team that helps keep our hospitals running smoothly? Are you interested in a hands on job?
Join the team at the largest University Hospital in the South West, where our people and patients are at the heart of everything!
We are currently recruiting General Porters to work within the team to provide a comprehensive Portering service of a high standard across the Weston General Hospital. This is a great opportunity to work in our patient friendly hospital.
This rota is Monday - Sunday, working every other weekend on a 14 week rolling rota. The earliest your shift will start is 7am and latest finish is midnight.
Main duties of the job
On a day to day basis, tasks will include:-
- Providing a Portering and messenger service including the transfer of patients and visitors between wards and departments.
- Collecting and delivering a range of goods including drugs, bloods, furniture, case notes, specimens, x-rays and medical gas cylinders.
- Collecting and delivering mail
- Loading and unloading hospital deliveries
- Transferring furniture and other portable equipment and machinery
- Maintaining confidentiality and attend trust training
- Responding to emergency bleeps including cardiac arrest, fire, and major trauma.
- The above duties are not an exhaustive list, you may be asked to assist with other tasks as and when required.
You will have:-
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Pleasant and friendly personality
- Ability to use your own initiative
- Understanding of the need to deal with patients, parents and staff in a helpful and supportive manne
In return for your hard work and your professional, caring and reliable service you will have access to the following benefits:
- Competitive pay
- Access to the NHS pension scheme
- Paid annual leave, maternity and sick pay (subject to qualifying criteria)
- Training and development opportunities including apprenticeships!
- Industry leading discount schemes at local and national outlets, including insurance, holidays and shopping!
University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust (UHBW) is one of the largest acute Trusts in the country, bringing together a combined workforce of over 13,000 staff and over 100 different clinical services across 10 different sites, serving a core population of more than 500,000 people across South West England. UHBW has been rated by the CQC as 'Good' overall and our staff are proud to deliver excellent care to the people of Bristol, Weston and beyond. As a forward-thinking multi-award winning Trust and a digital exemplar committed to improving patient care, our world-leading research and innovations are having a positive local and global impact. Our hospitals are spread across Bristol and Weston, join us and you can enjoy the very best of both worlds; city living within a stone's throw of the countryside or beside the seaside, both with easy access to all that the South West has to offer. UHBW is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. As an equal opportunities employer actively working towards a diverse workforce we aim to recruit and retain a workforce which represents the rich diversity of the local population at all levels and are committed to designing our services around the needs of individual patients and those around them. Anonymous information will be used from your application in order to ensure we're meeting our pledge.
For a more detailed job description and main responsibilities. please refer to the job description document attached to this vacancy.
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).