Registered Nurses/newly/soon-to-be qualified Nurses
Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
This job is now closed
An opportunity has arisen for Registered Nurses to join our team on Morton ward; currently an all female acute ward.
- Seeking development opportunities for career progression?
- Returning to the profession after a break?
- Joining civilian life after a successful nursing career in the military?
- Retired and looking to continue to contribute to our wonderful NHS?
When you join, your DBS check will be free of charge, your NMC Registration Fee will be reimbursed to you for the first year of employment and you will have the opportunity to join the Band 5 to 6 development programme as outlined below.
We really value our nurses; whether you're a final year nursing student or already practicing. You will strengthen our innovative and experienced teams and contribute to the high standards of Care that we provide to the people of Derbyshire.
You must hold a current NMC registration (or be a final year nursing student eligible for NMC registration).
Main duties of the job
- Work as part of a team responsible for the delivery of Patient/Client Centred Care.
- Promote and support service user and carer involvement as autonomy and choices are an integral part of the philosophy of the Trust.
- Respond to the needs of people in an honest, non-judgemental and open manner which respects the rights of individuals and groups.
- Work closely with colleagues to ensure that clinical services are delivered to the highest standard and in accordance with the most recent evidence based guidance.
- As a registered nurse, be personally accountable for your professional practice that will be delivered in accordance with the legal and professional responsibilities outlined by the NMC.
- Ensure that services are provided in a safe and supportive environment and at all times adopt a professional approach to your work promoting a positive image to service users/carers and the general public.
- Always act in a way which reflects the Trust's Values and Principles
Join 'Team Derbyshire Healthcare' and become part of a talented, compassionate and enthusiastic workforce committed to a vision of 'making a positive difference in people's lives'.
CQC rated us as 'GOOD' overall, commenting on how our colleagues "treated patients with compassion and kindness" and "felt positive and proud about working for the trust."
- Commitment to flexible working where this is possible
- 27 days annual leave/year plus bank holidays, increasing to 29 days after 5 years & 33 days after 10 years' service
- Yearly appraisal and commitment to ongoing training
- Generous NHS pension scheme
- Good maternity, paternity and adoption benefits
- Health service discounts and online benefits
- Incremental pay progression
- Free confidential employee assistance programme 24/7
- Access to our LGBT+ network, BAME Network and Christian Network
- Health and wellbeing opportunities
- Structured learning and development opportunities
Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification. To apply, please click ON APPLY FOR THIS JOB - this link will take you to the TRAC Recruitment Site, you will need to register if you do not already have an account.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).