Fire Safety Manager
Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
This job is now closed
Please note that this role is advertised on behalf of Atlas BFW Management Ltd (Atlas), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and as such, successful applicant(s) will be on Atlas Terms and Conditions. For further information about Atlas, please visit: www.bfwml.co.uk
Main duties of the job
The successful post holder will work in a small team of fire safety and health and safety specialists in managing KPIs for fire safety. Duties include production and implementation of a fire safety training delivery plan, programme of risk assessments, advising service users on management of fire incidents and unwanted fire signals and presenting information to clinical teams.
The Company, which began trading in March 2017, was established as a wholly owned subsidiary company of Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and provides fully managed healthcare facilities services, including medical devices management, capital and estates services and facilities management, to clients across the Fylde Coast and North West region.
Over the last four years we have developed and strengthened the services we provide, with an aim to provide the best high quality cost-effective property and facilities services across the North West.
Our profits are used to both help grow the business and to enhance our clients' service provision and during the recent COVID-19 pandemic we have been proud to support our clients' front line clinical services by helping to provide the best possible environment for their patients, service users, customers, staff and visitors.
Atlas enjoys the opportunities to develop and grow which it is afforded as an independent company; however, as a wholly owned subsidiary of an NHS organisation, the Company also remains committed to upholding the NHS core values of ethics, honesty and integrity. In addition, we use our unique position to develop and enhance collaborative integrated working with partners across the local health economy wherever possible.
- To be the Fire AP for the Fire Safety service and appoint Skilled Persons and Competent Persons as required.
- Ensuring all contractual requirements are met in relation to response and delivery of KPIs and reactive activities.
- To undertake all mandatory Fire Safety training for Atlas and Client staff on an annual basis and in accordance with RRO (Fire) and HTM 05
- To undertake ward and departmental fire risk assessments for Atlas and the Client in accordance with RRO (Fire) and HTM 05
- Carry out risk assessments and draw up fire plans
- Liaise with local fire services
- Investigate incidents
- Train fire wardens
- Train staff in fire prevention and evacuation drills
- Organise spot checks around the sites
- Arrange regular fire alarm tests and fire drills
- Represent the department at appropriate internal functions and meetings the Trust at appropriate external functions and meetings.
- Carry out complex diagnostic work to resolve operational issues and needs regarding fire safety matters.
- Control of Specialist Sub Contractors and recommending/advising of relevant contractors that may be engaged in fire safety requirements for Atlas.
- Allocation of work for the team for both planned and reactive fire safety management as appropriate
- Production of reports as required for Atlas OMG and Board, and the Trust and as part of corporate governance reporting framework, in relation to fire safety matters.
- Ensure all relevant records are kept up to date.
- To provide guidance and identify the necessary training for staff and apprentices in order to develop additional skills to improve the persons abilities and overall effectiveness.
- Ensure good communication channels between Atlas and the Client/organisation in relation to fire safety specialist advice.
- Provision of fire safety advice to Atlas Clients and the team, aiding in resolution of enquiries or problems that may occur
- To advise the Atlas SLT and Board on the effectiveness of Trust KPIs additions, deletions, or alterations for Fire safety.
- To ensure statutory compliance regarding ire safety and that appropriate records are maintained.
Education / Qualifications
Knowledge & Experience: General
Knowledge & Experience: Specialist
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
For help with your application, contact:
05 January 2022
Agenda for change
£47,126 to £53,219 a year Salary negotiable, dependant on experience