Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
This job is now closed
Please note that this role is advertised on behalf of Atlas BFW Management Ltd (Atlas), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and as such, successful applicant(s) will be on Atlas Terms and Conditions. For further information about Atlas, please visit: www.bfwml.co.uk
The Procurement Coordinator will be responsible for assisting the Senior Procurement Coordinator to implement the Atlas procurement strategy and will support the frameworks that are in place, including monitoring contracts, invoices, and requisitions.
Main duties of the job
They will provide support to the Senior Procurement Coordinator for the procurement of specific, defined categories of expenditure, and they will also take responsibility for working autonomously to monitor a portfolio of contracts and liaising with service providers, whilst working as part of a team to deliver agreed performance targets.
Under the leadership of the Senior Procurement Coordinator, the post holder will work with appropriate data analytics tools and large datasets to produce reports and other related documentation, in order to contribute to the development of metrics and indicators looking at efficiency and productivity within Atlas and its clients.
The post holder will play a supporting role in the management of some procurement and operational activities associated with delivery against both contractual requirements and business objectives, within agreed timescales.
They will have some awareness of the wider procurement policies and legislation in the UK and will help to ensure that the Company acts in compliance with all appropriate legislation, the Atlas Financial Governance framework, and the clients Standing Financial Instructions.
The post holder will provide appropriate procurement advice to both internal and external stakeholders and will liaise with business leads within Atlas and clients, to help ensure compliance in the use of agreed standardised products and to support the Senior Procurement Coordinator.
As experts in healthcare facilities and property management, we deliver fully-managed healthcare facilities services and property management solutions to clients throughout Blackpool, Fylde, Wyre and North Lancashire.Our teams ensure our clients properties and amenities provide the best environment for their customers, patients, staff and visitors.As a wholly owned subsidiary of Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, we support the Trusts frontline clinical services and assist with the delivery of patient care, through our service provision.Our profits are used to help grow our business, whilst providing additional employment, training and development opportunities for local people.
Visit:bfwml.co.ukfor further information
The post holder will:
- Utilise the procurement software used by Atlas and its clients to maintain efficient and accurate processes from requisition to successful payment of the related invoices.
- Support stakeholders with queries, such as purchase orders, invoices, receipting, proof of deliveries and goods discontinued.
- Ensure that procurement management systems are operating effectively and escalate any concerns that may impact financial governance needs and goals to the Senior Procurement Coordinator.
- Work to a work-plan calendar as scheduled by the Senior Procurement Coordinator and help maintain a contracts database for the company, to ensure that it is always kept up to date and that effective reports are available as and when required.
- Be responsible for supporting projects and the procurement of services to support project delivery, acting in accordance with the Companys financial governance framework.
- Prepare reports from the relevant Procurement systems to support the monitoring of performance on a weekly or monthly basis as required, together with ad hoc reports such as number and value of invoice queries/disputed, suppliers and cost centre activities.
- Be required to manage a busy workload, as well as dealing with conflict and effectively negotiating contractual terms and conditions with suppliers, escalating to the Senior Procurement Manager where required.
Knowledge & Experience: General
Knowledge & Experience: Specialist
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
For help with your application, contact:
04 October 2021
Agenda for change
£24,739 to £30,237 a year Per Annum