Midwife Open Day - AVFC
Sandwell and West Birmingham NHS Trust
This job is now closed
Come along and meet our Midwifery and Neonatal teams at our Open Day on Saturday 9th October from 11:00am to 4:00pm at Aston Villa Grounds.
COVID Safe measures will be in place and PPE will be provided.
We are offering interviews on the day, so come prepared. If you are successful, you will receive an offer of employment on the same day.
We are an integrated Trust providing care for over 10,000 women a year. We are committed to offering choice for the women we provide care for each year. Our midwifery service strives hard to meet womens individual needs and also offers choice in their place of birth, supporting Better Births and Continuity of Care, whether the choice be a home birth, to our Serenity Suite or Delivery Suite.
We are proud of our approach to multidisciplinary team between our midwives, health visitors, clinical educators, medical staff, consultant midwife and dedicated Infant feeding team.
We are committed to creating the best place to work, where all staff can reach their full potential.
We will be moving to state of the art facilities as part of our move to the new Midland Metropolitan University Hospital due to open in 2022.
Main duties of the job
We recognise that moving can be daunting, so we offer
- Full or Part time hours and family friendly shift patterns
- Professional Midwifery Advocacy support
- Practice Development Midwife working alongside you to support you
- Opportunity to work in- patients and / or community midwifery
- Regular one-to-ones with your team leader
And thats not all we also offer
- £3,000 Golden Hello to Community Midwives (subject to T+C)
- Payment of NMC Registration Fees for newly qualified
- Monthly teaching sessions
- Your own personal development allowance
- Access to our Sanctuary so we can look after your health and wellbeing
Right, thats enough about us - lets focus on you. Are you:
- An experienced midwife looking for a change?
- A newly qualified midwife looking for your first post?
- Wishing to return to midwifery
- Neonatal Qualified Nurse
So, are we right for each other? Here are your next steps
Submit your application and we'll see you Saturday 09th, from 10:00am onwards
Click here to check out our YouTube Channel : Maternity & Neonatal Care - YouTube
We have a variety of roles available. Please check the Job Descriptions and Person Specifications attached to this advert for a full description of the roles and responsibilities for each.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).