Dental Clerical Officer
The Mid Yorkshire Teaching NHS Trust
This job is now closed
The Community Dental Service are seeking to recruit a permanent part time Dental Clerical Officer to join our busy front line Admin Team and to provide both a high-quality administration & reception service to our service users & visitors, whilst always ensuring confidentiality. Excellent administrative skills are essential to provide support to our Dental team. The role is a 22.5hrs a week, with office opening hours of Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5pm.
Our main clinic is based at Newstead House, Wakefield but we also have satellite clinics at Castleford, Pontefract and South Kirkby, which the successful candidate will rotate between all clinics.
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 20th December 2023 at Newstead House.
Main duties of the job
The role is being part of our Admin Team, to support clinicians and clients within our service. The main duties will include:excellent customer service, communication, interpersonal & telephone skills. Using a bespoke Dental computer system (Training will be provided if needed) All aspects of reception duties including booking appointments, arranging patient transport, adding referrals to the system, managing waiting lists and diary management, This post would initially be based within Newstead House, but once trained rotating at other clinics.
It is crucial to be able to use & work on your own initiative but also be part of the team. You must have an ability to be flexible and a willingness to adapt to change to meet the demands of the post. Work with sensitivity and have a good understanding of the service provision. Always use effective verbal & written communication, incorporating tact, empathy, consideration, courtesy and confidentiality. Adapt style of communication to respond to others communication difficulties.
We provide care and support to over a million people in Wakefield and Kirklees in their homes, community settings and across our three hospital sites at Pontefract, Dewsbury and Pinderfields (Wakefield).
Always striving for excellence, we are at the forefront of innovation and research, and we invest in teaching and the development of our workforce.
We live by our values of caring, improving, being respectful and maintaining high standards. We listen and learn because we aim to make Mid Yorkshire the best place to work and receive care.
We value diversity and welcome talent and enthusiasm irrespective of age, disability, neurodivergence, sex, gender identity and gender expression, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or other personal circumstances including providing unpaid carers support to someone with a health and care need. As ethnic minority groups, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and people with a disability/neurodivergence are currently under-represented across the organisation, we encourage applications from members of these groups. We have policies and procedures to ensure all applicants are treated fairly and consistently.
We are proud of our staff networks - who offer valuable guidance and feedback from those with lived experience.
We have a clear vision and you could be part of this! If you share our values and you want to make a difference to the lives of our patients and their families and carers, we would love to hear from you.
- To welcome all patients and visitors
- The post holder will be responsible for designated clerical / reception duties in the service
- To monitor and respond to incoming mail on the Community Dental reception email / monitor incoming tasks on the system.
- Promote effective customer focused communication with patients and service users.
- To respond to telephone and / or face to face enquiries complying with service guidance.
- Request, cancel and re-arrange appointments in line with local and national targets.
- To assist with the confidential management of all types of patient record and ensure that all documentation is returned to the appropriate department.
- To be responsible for the accurate and timely storing/scanning of records, e.g. referral letters.
- To report maintenance and domestic repairs to appropriate departments on instruction from the Community Dental Service Facilitator.
- Assist with the preparation of patient records and day lists for each clinical session.
- Operate bespoke departmental computer system ensuring correct data is held, and updated as necessary.
- Responsible for handling cash and processing dental payments.
- The post holder will give relevant assistance and training as and when required to support all colleagues.
- To arrange transport as necessary for the patient in accordance with requirements of the service.
- To carry out general administration duties and provide clerical assistance, as required.
- Ensure that all dental records are tracked and booked using the electronic File Tracker computer system within Community Dental Service.
- Receive, sort and distribute goods and post delivered to the service.
- Attend regular departmental meetings.
Knowledge & Awareness
Skills & Abilities
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).