Rotherham Doncaster and South Humber NHSFT
This job is now closed
- To undertake medicines reconciliation and advise on medicines management within Community Mental Health services.
- To work in partnership with patients and other professionals and staff within other organisations to maximise effectiveness and minimise the risk associated with medicines.
- To promote independence with medicines.
- To promote best practice in medicines management within Community Mental Health services.
- To promote the seamless transfer of pharmaceutical care across the primary/secondary care interface by improving medicines management systems.
- To develop the role of the pharmacy technician for the benefit of the patient and Mental Health Service
- To provide support and training on medication management on behalf of the Community Clinical Pharmacist with the Community Mental Health services.
Main duties of the job
- To contribute to a level 2 medicines reconciliation in Inpatient Care settings.
- To advise the patient on medication management or refer to Community Clinical Pharmacist as required.
- To promote principles of self-care for medicines administration.
- To provide specialist advice to patients regarding medicines management issues, contributing to patient care, education and safety.
- To maintain accurate, comprehensive and up-to-date clinical and non-clinical documentation, in line with legal and departmental requirements using the Electronic Prescribing System.
- Support the development of and implement specialist training to promote best practice in medicines management to a range of health care professionals, patients and their families.
Rotherham Doncaster and South Humber NHS Foundation Trust (RDaSH) employ around 3700 talented colleagues who are very much appreciated, valued, and respected.
We have a wide portfolio which includes mental health, physical health, learning disability and drug and alcohol services.
We are passionate about enhancing the quality of our service and we work hard to attract and select the right colleagues for our organisation. Our goal is to employ those who share our passion for providing first class care while remaining committed to our vision and values.
To find out more about working for RDaSH and the fantastic benefits we offer visit our website:
Please view the attached job description and person specification to view the full details about the role
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).