Assistant Finance Manager
Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust
This job is now closed
- To provide support to the Senior Finance Manager in the delivery of a full financial business partnering function.
- To work as part of the central management accounts team providing financial management support to a number of Directorates both clinical and non clinical areas and will support the commercial aspects of The Health Informatics Service (THIS)
- To provide support to Divisional Finance Managers as appropriate to designated Directorates and finance work-streams.
- Will build strong relationships and liaise with a wide range of staff within and external to the Directorates / finance function in providing financial management support.
- Ensure robust financial information is provided to enable Directorates to achieve their financial contribution for the current financial year.
- Will be expected to take on corporate/trust wide responsibilities as agreed with the Assistant Director of Finance.
Main duties of the job
- Discuss financial issues with budget holders, Directorate Management Teams / non-financial managers, external organisations and finance functions which can be complex / contentious / corporate in nature but which make a difference and support the delivery of the Trust's corporate financial duties.
- This role will also support elements of the Trusts Elective recovery programme.
- Analyse / interpret / investigate complex financial data, queries and discrepancies which may involve a series of options, being clear on the value added of carrying out such work.
Calderdale & Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust is an exceptional place to work with many amazing teams of hard working and dedicated staff, delivering high standards of patient care. We are making significant changes in the way we work to meet the challenges of the changing NHS
The four key behaviours underpinning the whole of our strategy are:
- We put the patient first
- We 'go see'
- We work together to get results
- We do the must do's
In order to continue develop our Finance department to support the organisation at this time of change, we provide a Finance Training scheme to cultivate talent for the future. During this development programme you will experience a wide range of activities such as corporate finance responsibilities, accounting and financial analysis, and methods of achieving value for money. You'll grow a sound knowledge of local needs and integrated working practices.
- Working within policies and procedures appropriate to own area, plan and prioritise own workload to ensure weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual financial timetables are met.
- Regularly develop, create and manipulate reports and present accurate, timely financial data using computer databases and spreadsheets.
- Be prepared to present financial information to non-finance staff in an easy to understand format that will aid and support appropriate decision making.
- Undertake surveys or audits as necessary to improve financial and accounting services.
- To develop strong working relationships with managers both within and external to relevant Directorates and Trust promoting a culture of shared responsibility for financial issues.
- To provide short term financial projections incorporating activity, workforce and associated income and expenditure implications.
- Involvement in the discussions regarding the agreement of cost saving efficiency schemes and calculation of the savings relating to identified schemes.
- Provide training as required on aspects of financial management including activity, workforce, income and expenditure to non-finance managers.
- For designated Directorates support / contribute to issues regarding financial reporting, financial advice, budget setting and business case production.
- Attend appropriate Directorate Management Board meetings as the finance representative.
- To interrogate and produce information and reports from a wide range of computerised systems by the use of a high level of IT skills, including Excel, the general ledger, Hyperion and ESR.
- Ensure accurate coding of all expenditure within the financial ledger to maintain the integrity of the financial reports.
- To deputise for the Finance Manager/Senior Finance Manager as required
- To assist in the completion of ad hoc projects as required.
- The post holder will be expected to develop the role on an ongoing basis with his / her manager and the service and to adapt the job according to management and organisational changes.
- Any other duties as required
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & EXPERTISE
COMMUNICATION AND RELATIONSHIPS (INCLUDING MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES)
Practical/Intellectual Skills/Personal Qualities
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).