Advanced Mental Health Practitioner
Berkshire Healthcare Foundation Trust
This job is now closed
Are you working as a social worker / OT or Nurse and looking for "that" new role, perhaps to be a part of something new and exciting? Are you looking to develop your career with a group of likeminded professionals?
The service is currently undergoing a new and exciting transformation creating new posts across the Rapid Response team.
As an Advanced Mental Health Practitioner in the CAMHS Rapid Response Team, you will offer high-quality mental health assessments and short-term intervention to young people experiencing mental health crisis. You will work closely with the wider CAMH services in Berkshire as well as local authority, education colleagues and other services as required.
Your role will be based at Fir Tree House In Upton Hospital In Slough when working days and Wexham Park Hospital in Slough when working nights.
You will need to have excellent communication skills as well as a compassionate nature to ensure you are giving your full support to both patients and their families.
As a service we are very committed to the development of our staff and can offer both internal & external training with this role.
Main duties of the job
- Provide high quality assessment and clinical formulation.
- Respond to crisis calls from Young people and their families
- Provide short term interventions/Follow ups when required and make on going referrals based on the clinical needs.
- Ability to manage and lead the shift by prioritising and delegating tasks.
- Identify appropriate interventions for young people and their families as well as the improvement of resilience and recovery which mitigates risks to themselves or others
- Maintain and develop key relationships with professionals external to the area of service, as well as patients and their families
- To be responsible for the accurate maintenance of clinical record keeping and ensuring all systems, records and data are stored and transferred correctly
Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust isa specialist mental health and community health services trust. Rated 'outstanding' by the CQC, we're committed to providing the best possible care to people across Berkshire.
We value diversity and are proud to be a Stonewall Top 100 Employer. We work hard to create an inclusive environment where you'll be supported by friendly and professional colleagues to flourish.
Our values at Berkshire Healthcare:
- Caring for and about you is our top priority
- Committed to providing good quality, safe services
- Working Together with you to develop innovative solutions
We welcome people who share these values to come and work for us.
Benefits of working for us include:
- Flexible working options to support work-life balance.
- 27 days' annual leave rising with service + opportunity to buy and sell
- Generous NHS pension scheme
- Excellent learning and career development opportunities
- 'Cycle to Work' and car leasing scheme
- Access to a range of wellbeing tools and services
- Discounts at hundreds of popular retailers and restaurants
- Staff networks for race, diversity, disabilities and armed forces community to support equality
- Generous maternity, paternity, adoption and special leave.
- Free parking across Trust sites
The must haves for this role:
- A degree in relevant field as well as a core profession eg Social worker, Nurse, OT
- Experience in working with mental health and complex needs
- Demonstrable skills in mental health assessments and formulation
- Full UK driving license with access to a vehicle
Current Shift Patterns staff are required to work are as follow:
Assessment Clinician 09:00 20:00 (10 Hrs)
Late Assessment Clinician 11:00 22:00 (10 Hrs)
Follow Up shift 09:00 17:00 (7.5Hrs)
Shift Lead 08:00 19:00 (10 Hrs)
Weekend/Bank holidays 08:00 17:00 (7.5Hrs)
Night Shift 20:15 08:15 (11 Hrs)
(Clinician will be allocated a combination of the above shifts on a rota basis to complete their contracted Hours.)
If you recognise yourself in these requirements, we recommend you apply today!
We are happy to answer any questions that you may have. Please dont hesitate to call: Marie Duffield on 07767 851207 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Majid Nazari on 07920767875 or email: Majid.Nazari@berkshire.nhs.uk wholl be delighted to help.
We are committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from all sections of the community, regardless of any protected characteristics. Reasonable adjustments will be made for disabled applicants where required.
Knowledge and skills
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).