Trainee Nursery Nurse
Berkshire Healthcare Foundation Trust
The closing date is 06 July 2022
Full time position, 37.5 hours per week based in Little Dragons Day Nursery, Bath Road, Reading. Working shifts between 7am - 6pm.
The Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust (BHFT) Nurseries began operating over 25 years ago and are located in Maidenhead, Slough and Reading. The nurseries offer full day care for 51 weeks per year, from 7.30am to 6.00pm, Monday to Friday. The buildings are single storey purpose built environments that offer care and education for children up until the age of 5.
Being owned by the NHS, the BHFT nurseries come highly recommended by families and the standard of care demonstrated for all children links to the expectations that the NHS portray worldwide.
The BHFT nurseries employ a high calibre of staff, ranging from Nursery Trainees to Degree Level practitioners. In general, the nurseries have a low staff turnover and the retention of highly skilled and motivated staff is paramount.
Staff are expected to maintain the standards of care and learning opportunities for the children in a safe and stimulation environment, supporting the Early Years Foundation Stage.
Main duties of the job
- To provide the best possible care and stimulation for the children of the nursery meeting their physical, intellectual, emotional and social needs in a non-discriminatory manner.
- To work in partnership with parents and encourage their involvement in the aims of the nursery and in all aspects of their child's care.
- To provide and maintain records as necessary and appropriate, in line with the EYFS Statutory Framework.
- To attend training courses, to ensure that modern, innovative and forward looking practices are maintained and to allow for personal career development.
- To assist in the daily domestic management of the nursery; ensuring that the nursery is kept safe, secure and clean at all times.
- To participate fully in the daily routine of the individual rooms and to follow the guidance and instructions of the senior staff.
- To compile and maintain regular progress developmental records on key children, making sure that records are accurate, signed and dated.
- To work towards achieving an NVQ level 2 or 3 qualification in childcare
Interested? Do you have the following;
- Maths and English GCSE at Grade C or above OR
- Level 1 Functional Skills in Maths and English (this will be tested by the training provider)
- Commitment to commence working towards an appropriate NVQ Level 2 or 3 qualification
- As stated in the EYFS, a good standard of written and spoken English.
- A knowledge of safeguarding children and child protectiondesirable
Berkshire Healthcare has a record of achievement and success that places us as one of the best performing Trusts in the country. We are rated 'Outstanding' by the CQC, we have a history of strong financial performance, and we have a highly skilled and engaged workforce. We aspire to be an outstanding organisation for everyone: our people, our patients, their families, and their carers.
Some of the benefits of joining our team:
- Salary of £4.30 per hour, £161.25 per week
- Flexible working opportunities and a strong emphasis on your work, life balance
- Annual leave - 27 days for new starters, plus bank holidays. Increasing to 29 days after 5 years and 33 days after 10 years NHS service. Pro rata for part time staff
- Excellent learning and development opportunities
- Salary sacrifice scheme for a new car
- Generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave for eligible staff
- Advanced IT enablement and support
- Confidential telephone care service providing independent support and advice for staff.
- And so much more
We are committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from all sections of the community, regardless of any protected characteristics. The Trust is also committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please see attached job description for more information about this role and working at Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust.
Continuous Professional Development
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Berkshire Healthcare Foundation Trust
For questions about the job, contact:
22 June 2022
£4.30 an hour per hour, £161.25 per week