Community Staff Nurse (Perm & fixed term District Nursing) - Wokingham
Berkshire Healthcare Foundation Trust
This job is now closed
Community staff nurse (Adult nurse) - Wokingham; covering Woodley, Lower Earley & Twyford.
Permanent vacancy - Wokingham CNO and Twyford
Fixed term vacancy - Chalfont and Woodley
Come and join our CQC rated 'Outstanding' Trust as a Community Staff Nurse in Wokingham. As a Community Staff Nurse you'll help deliver care to people in their own homes and get to work with inspiring, skilled teams whilst you do it. We offer a supportive environment with opportunities for further career development, a strong in-house training programme, including excellent links with our partner Universities and opportunities to gain further qualifications. For newly qualified staff we offer a comprehensive 12-month preceptorship.
We believe in care that treats the whole person, not just the condition. We enable patients to stay at home longer and leave hospitals faster. Our community nurses work closely with members of the wider multi-disciplinary teams, including our GP's, local hospices, complex care nurses, health and social care coordinators, specialist nurses and therapist colleagues.
Main duties of the job
Further information about this opportunity;
- You will visit numerous patients on a daily basis within their own homes
- You will provide high quality nursing care to a range of patients with varying healthcare needs
- Some of the healthcare you will be expected to provide include; end of life care, wound management, and much more
- We have both full time (37.5 hours per week) and part time opportunities available
- With bases at Woodley, Finchampstead & Chalfont Surgery.
Some of the benefits of joining our team:
- AfC Salary ranging from £24,907 to £30,615 per annum
- Flexible working opportunities and a strong emphasis on your work , life balance
- Annual leave - 27 days for new starters, plus bank holidays. Increasing to 29 days after 5 years and 33 days after 10 years NHS service. Pro rata for part time staff
- Excellent learning and development opportunities
- Salary sacrifice scheme for a new car
- Lease car scheme
- Generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave for eligible staff
- Advanced IT enablement and support
- Confidential telephone care service providing independent support and advice for staff.
- And so much more
Are you familiar with Wokingham?
If you are not familiar with the market town of Wokingham, it lies approx 4 miles west of Bracknell and 7 miles from Reading. Transport links are excellent. Wokingham is extremely well-placed, being served by the A329 London to Reading road and by the M4, which links it to Heathrow airport, the West of England and South Wales.
The 3 must haves for you to be considered for this role:
- A passion for community nursing, that matches our passion to provide excellent healthcare for patients within their own homes
- Either a qualified adult nurse or currently in your last year of training (with NMC registration)
- Hold a full UK Driving Licence and have use of a car for work purposes
Should you match up to the 3 points listed above, then we would recommend you make your application for this role today! We interview candidates for this role in the order applications are received, so dont delay and apply today.
Continuous Professional Develo
Knowledge skills and abilities
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).