Consultant Psychiatrist in General Adult Inpatient (Swift Ward)
Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust
This job is now closed
**ADDITIONAL BENEFIT PACKAGE **
*£10K Retention Pay Premia* (Ts & Cs apply)
We are seeking to appoint a Consultant Psychiatrist in General Adult Inpatient psychiatry. This is a hugely exciting time for the Trust having recently achieved anOUTSTANDING CQC RATINGand being one of just five mental health and learning disabilities NHS trusts in England to hold an outstanding rating.
We are driven by our values. If you believe in Respect, Kindness and a Positive outlook then you'll be right at home working with us.
Main duties of the job
The post holder will be one of WTE Consultant Psychiatrists providing medical leadership to the 18 bed Acute Assessment Unit (AAU) on Swift Ward at Kingfisher Court. The Acute Assessment Unit provides a robust multidisciplinary assessment of all new admissions to HPFT (excluding those subject to Section 3 MHA) within 24 hours of admission, seven days of the week.
You must ensure the relevant professional registration is maintained, including Section 12, Approved Clinician, and Responsible Clinician status.
Here's what we have to offer you
- Mentoring support for new Consultants
- Dedicated support to help become a future NHS Leader
- Access to Leadership, Teaching, Education and Research opportunities
- A strong ethos on Learning and Development
- Access to a state-of-the-art Simulation Training Facility including opportunities to join the Multidisciplinary Simulation Faculty
- Access to a large peer group of enthusiastic and high-calibre Consultants
- Study leave of 30 days over 3 years
- Study leave budget of £800 per person per annum
- Innovative patient electronic record system (PARIS)/ Admin and IT equipment/ software to improve work experience (4G enabled laptops provided upon starting)
- Flexible working
- Excellent staff benefits
- Health and wellbeing support
- Flexible APAs to seek development opportunities in service development/ management / Simulation Training /working with Community Transformation Projects
- Dedicated SPA time in Job Plan
- Generous relocation package up to £7.5K (subject to terms & conditions)
Our Health Hub helps improve staff health and wellbeing across the Trust - encouraging staff to step away from their work and think about their own health. This includes:
- Workshops, challenges and social events throughout the year
- Confidential and safe forums where staff can talk about the emotional impact of work
- An equality and diversity staff network providing support to all staff
- Mindfulness bite size taster session
- Mini health check
- Free, confidential counselling services 24/7
Duties include, but not exclusive to;
- To manage, appraise and give professional supervision to junior medical staff as agreed between consultant colleagues and the medical director and in accordance with the Trusts personnel policies and procedures. This may include assessing competences under the Modernising Medical Careers framework.
- To ensure that junior medical staff working with the post holder operates within the parameters of the New Deal and are Working Time Directive compliant.
- To undertake the administrative duties associated with the care of patients.
- To record clinical activity accurately and comprehensively, and submit this promptly to the Information Department.
- To participate in service and business planning activity for the locality and, as appropriate, for the whole mental health service.
Clinical Skills, Knowledge & Experience
Academic Skills, Lifelong Learning
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).