Consultant Psychiatrist in Adult Inpatient
Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust
This job is now closed
**THE JOB DESCRIPTION FOR THIS POST IS PENDING ROYAL COLLEGE APPROVAL**
EPUT is looking to appoint an enthusiastic consultant to join our Adult Inpatient team who will work on a Kelvedon ward, Basildon Mental Unit, Basildon which is a 16 beds on an acute psychiatric admission ward for male patients. The successful candidate will provide clinical leadership for the assessment and management of adult inpatients admitted to the ward.
Main duties of the job
The successful candidate is required to work independently and accountably as part of a team of clinicians offering Mental Health services. Working collaboratively with key partner organisations, service users, carers, clinicians and other practitioners within the multi-disciplinary team in delivering services; providing a 7 day a week, 24 hours a day service for 365 days a year.
As well as making a clinical difference, we believe that your development is key so you will be supported to enable you to pursue educational and research interests which go hand in hand to provide a high quality of care and safety to our patients.
If you join our Trust we will ensure that you are supported and encouraged to pursue professional development interests and we have excellent links with the medical school at ARU and other educational establishments where we have shared appointments in teaching and research.
You must have full GMC registration and be on the Specialist Register, with an appropriate CCT or equivalent or be within six months of obtaining your CCT on the date of the AAC.
"To be the leading health and wellbeing service in the provision of mental health and community care".
"We care for people every day. What we do together, matters".
Our strategic objectives
We will deliver safe, high quality integrated care services.
We will enable each other to be the best that we can.
We will work together with our partners to make our services better.
We will help our communities to thrive.
If you share that vision and want to make a difference to the people that use our services, then please contact us to find out more.
EPUT are looking for motivated staff who shares our Trust values of Open, Compassionate and Empowering. In return, EPUT can offer you a range of benefits and development including;
- Season Ticket Loan
- NHS discounts for staff
- Excellent Training facilities and opportunities
- Buying and Selling annual leave scheme
- The opportunity to work bank shifts and expand knowledge and experience in other areas
Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars and Cycle to Work.
- To provide clinical leadership for the assessment and management of male general adult inpatients admitted to Kelvedon Ward.
- Take part in the out of hours on-call rota.
- Observe the Trusts agreed policies and procedures.
- Provide, with consultant colleagues, a service in the specialty for the Trust with responsibility for the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of illness, and the proper functioning of the department.
- Honour out-of-hours responsibilities, including rota commitments where contracted.
- Provide professional supervision of junior medical staff.
- Participate in audit and continuing medical education.
- Contribute to the training of junior medical staff and medical students, and devote time to this activity on a regular basis.
- Be involved in research and teaching where appropriate.
- Undertake managerial, including budgetary, responsibility where appropriate.
Clinical skills, knowledge and experience
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).