Trust Chaplain & Spiritual Care Advisor
Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust
This job is now closed
Base is Basildon MHU and Chelmsford
Full time - 37.5 hours per week
An exciting opportunity to be part of the EPUT Chaplaincy Team, participating
and contributing to the spiritual care needs of our service group.
- Being responsible for chaplaincy provision to several key Mental Health sites in Essex.
- This opportunity is for a chaplain , who can operate as part of a team , yet must also be able to operate as an autonomous, qualified practitioner with the role to seek out and respond to the spiritual and religious needs of individuals, their carers and staff for several sites for which they will have particular responsibility.
Assist in recruiting , training and overseeing chaplaincy volunteers in sites of responsibility
Main duties of the job
To identify the spiritual needs of patients, their relatives and staff, by establishing effective links with wards and units.
To work collaboratively alongside other healthcare
To be available to support staff and to work with other departments in promoting staff
- To provide individual pastoral support to patients, relatives and staff as
- To facilitate groups for service users, relatives and staff where appropriate
- To maintain records of Chaplaincy interventions.
- To share in the provision of public, communal and individual worship as appropriate within the
- To devise and lead religious services to meet particular needs when required
- Where possible to exercise a sacramental ministry or make the necessary
- To participate in the identification and training of leaders from all the local Faith communities who will provide for the specific religious needs of patients from those communities and to ensure that this is kept up to
- To ensure that any Quiet/prayer areas are properly maintained
EPUT are looking for motivated staff who shares our Trust values of Care, Learn and Empower. In return, EPUT can offer you a range of benefits and development including;
- Season Ticket Loans
- NHS discounts for staff
- Excellent Training facilities and opportunities
- Buying and Selling annual leave scheme
- The opportunity to work bank shifts and expand knowledge and experience in other areas
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars and Cycle to Work
- Day One Flexible Employer
The Trust supports and actively encourages flexible working for all employees. We offer many options and you are encouraged to ask the recruiting manager what is possible for this role. If appointed, you will have the opportunity to apply for a flexible working request from the first day of your employment
Join our Staff bank
What is Staff Bank?
Our EPUT NHS staff bank is an entity managed by the trust that hires clinical and non-clinical healthcare professionals to take on shifts at our trust hospitals and community settings. Here at EPUT we maintain our own bank of specialist staff to ensure that we are able offer safe and effective care at all times.
All our permanent staff are automatically enrolled onto the staff bank however this does not mean you have to work any additional shifts, but the option is there for you if you wish.
If you are joining our Trust in a fixed term role, please indicate on your New Starter Paperwork that you wish to join our staff bank.
For full details please look at the Job Description and Personal Specification. For further details please contact Paul Walker
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).