Mental Health Practitioner
East London NHS Foundation Trust
This job is now closed
We are looking for skilled, dynamic, culturally competent and flexible practitioners with experience in mental health to join our new service.
A new mental health service dedicated for North East LondonWe are setting up a crisis response service which serves North East London for those experiencing a mental health crisis to call NHS 111 and have 24/7 access to the mental health support they need
Why you should join us?In return for your commitment, we will offer you inner London weighting, a comprehensive induction package, a bespoke training programme, regular supervision, regular reflective practice and a comprehensive staff well being programme.
What we requireIt is desirable that the successful applicant has a professional and personal experience of the communities in North East London. In addition, good communication skills over the telephone is essential.
Where will the service be based?The service is based at Mile End Hospital, East London.
Main duties of the job
- The postholder will be a member of the ELFT centralised crisis line service which serves Tower Hamlets, Newham and City & Hackney. The post will be subject to 24 hour internal rotation. The postholder will be required to respond to calls made to the crisis line, from Blue Light Emergency Services or via NHS 111.
- The postholder will work with people in crisis and their families who are supporting them and who reside in these boroughs, who are experiencing a mental health crisis.
- The postholder will work on rotation to respond to the 4 hour urgent response referral.
- The postholder will support the band 4 crisis response practitioners in taking calls to the phone line and will be the escalation point for complex calls requiring a qualified practitioner involvement.
- The postholder will provide supervision to the band 4 crisis response practitioners as delegated in the governance structure
- Ensure safe and effective crisis support is delivered on a consistent basis and that targets are met or are escalated when challenges prevent this
- To undertake a comprehensive assessment including risk assessment effectively and efficiently using the triage tool, over the telephone and ensuring an urgent face to face assessment is carried out as appropriate.
- To agree crisis care plans as appropriate to the triage outcome of the call and to support and advise relatives and care givers.
Our mission is to make a positive difference to people's lives by improving the quality of life for all we serve. Our values are: We Care, We Respect, We are Inclusive - so we are looking for people who live and breathe these qualities when supporting service users and carers, and in their relationships with colleagues in the Trust and our partner organisations.
Please refer to the attached Job Description & Person Specification for further detailed information on this vacancy.
Information about ELFTWe provide a wide range of mental health, community health, primary care, wellbeing and inpatient services to young people, working age adults and older adults across the City of London, Hackney, Newham, Tower Hamlets, Bedfordshire and Luton.
To learn more please visit www.elft.nhs.uk
Education/ Qualification/ Training
Knowledge and Skills
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).