Speciality Doctor In General Adult Psychiatry- PCN Community
East London NHS Foundation Trust
This job is now closed
We are looking for an enthusiastic, and motivated specialty doctor to join our outstanding community Service on 10 PA job.
This post would be ideally suited for a doctor, who has a minimum of 2 years experience in clinical psychiatry practice and is interested in working in a specialty doctor position in psychiatry outside of a Training position.
A successful candidate would have the option of continuing ongoing work in a specialty doctor position or considering the option of applying for Specialty Training in Psychiatry in the future. An alternative career path would be progression a specialty doctor and with the possibility of gaining a Certificate of Eligibility for Specialist Registration (CESR) via the Article 14 route once required experience can be evidenced in the future.
This is an established post in the the Bedfordshire Community Mental Health Team Structure. The post will complement the current structure of consultant and trainee psychiatrists within the community mental health team covering Bedford.
The post holder will support the multidisciplinary team in the diagnosis and management of patients. The post-holder will work with an MDT including pharmacy, psychology, social work, voluntary care sector colleagues, CPN colleagues, and trainees. The Bedford community mental health team covers a borough population of approximately 103,000.
Main duties of the job
The post-holder will work under the supervision of a consultant psychiatrist and will be integral to a multidisciplinary team, accessing local CPD activities as appropriate.
- The specialty doctor will work closely with the consultant psychiatrist and Multi- Disciplinary team and will provide clinical support for the assessment and management of mental health problems on a routine and emergency
- Completing ADHD assessments and initiating and optimising
- On average 9 Programmed Activities per week will be devoted to Direct Clinical Care. Care of patients in the community in the North Mid Beds-Leighton Buzzard area, in the Functional
- Assess new referrals and review existing 6 to 7 out-patient clinics per week.
- Additional clinics to see patients in emergency &/ provide telephone contact with patients and their carers to manage urgent
- Professional meetings, Case Conferences and home visits as necessary.
- Liaise with team members and provide telephone and face-to-face contact to members of the team and see patients
- Triage referrals regularly with Team Manager or Duty Worker to provide a safe, prompt and appropriate service to the person who was
- Provide face-to-face and telephone liaison service to other secondary mental health teams, General Practitioners and Primary care workers
Our mission is to make a positive difference to people's lives by improving the quality of life for all we serve. Our values are: We Care, We Respect, We are Inclusive - so we are looking for people who live and breathe these qualities when supporting service users and carers, and in their relationships with colleagues in the Trust and our partner organisations
The Trust could support you with offering up to £10,000 for removal/relocation and associated expenses.
PLEASE VIEW A SHORT VIDEO FOUND IN THE ATTACHMENTS TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT MEDICAL PSYCHIATRIST CAREERS IN LUTON AND BEDFORDSHIRE,
For further information relating to this vacancy please see attached job description and person specification.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
ORGANISATIONAL SKILLS/ ABILITIES
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).