Consultant General Adult Psychiatrist Luton CMHT (South)
East London NHS Foundation Trust
This job is now closed
Luton Community Mental Health Team (Wardown/ Stockwood)
This is an established post into the Luton Community Mental Health Team Structure. The post will complement the current structure of consultant and trainee psychiatrists within the community mental health teams covering Bedfordshire and Luton.
The post holder will support the multidisciplinary team in the management of patients with mental health needs not on CPA and those patients subject to CPA, as envisaged in relevant NICE Guidance (at present). The post-holder will work with an MDT including pharmacy, psychology, social work, CPN colleagues, and trainees. Post holder will clinically lead the Team, overseeing the delivery of care under CPA and non-CPA, for a cohort of patients registered with certain primary care clinical networks.
Main duties of the job
The post-holder will:
- Provide consultant leadership to the Luton CMHT South Team.
- Provide comprehensive assessment, diagnosis and management of issues relating to mental and physical health for adults with acute and severe mental illness in the community (over 18 years) so that intensive and timely treatment can be delivered to prevent chronicity and dependency on psychiatric services.
- Attend and be the clinical leader of weekly MDT meetings, supported by the team operational lead.
- Provide clinical advice and guidance to primary care physicians to manage patients in the least restrictive environment
- Undertake all work in the context of the recovery approach which is emphasised across the Trust, placing the service user at the centre of planning and decision making.
- Fulfil Responsibilities as a Psychiatrist approved under Section 12 of the Mental Health Act 1983, where relevant.
- The service has a KPI targets and a requirement to meet them. The post holder will work with the Team manager to ensure the targets are met.
- Provide support and training to other health care professionals and support service users through the care pathway as required
- Lead on the delivery of high quality care in all settings and be mindful of quality targets set by the Trust and those set nationally.
- Develop the service with a view to achieving HTAS accreditation at the earliest opportunity
Our mission is to make a positive difference to people's lives by improving the quality of life for all we serve. Our values are: We Care, We Respect, We are Inclusive - so we are looking for people who live and breathe these qualities when supporting service users and carers, and in their relationships with colleagues in the Trust and our partner organisations
The Trust could support you with offering up to £10,000 for removal/relocation and associated expenses.
PLEASE VIEW A SHORT VIDEO FOUND IN THE ATTACHMENTS TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT MEDICAL PSYCHIATRIST CAREERS IN LUTON AND BEDFORDSHIRE.
Please see JD (Job Description) and PS (Personal Specification) for full details of role requirements.
JD Pending RC Approval
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
ORGANISATIONAL SKILLS/ ABILITIES
RESEARCH AND AUDIT
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).