East London NHS Foundation Trust
This job is now closed
Calling all Band 5 Registered Mental Health Nurse - both experienced and newly qualified!!
We have RMN positions in Bedfordshire & Luton.
We serve a vibrant population with dedicated, dynamic and caring teams.
- 1 Triage acute admission ward at Calnwood Court
- 1 PICU male unit
- 2 Adult acute admission wards at Calnwood Court in Luton
- 2 Adult Acute admission wards in Oakley Court in Luton
- 1 adult Acute admission ward- Townsend Court in Houghton Regis
- Service also extends to include provision for Older Adults Inpatient admission units. Poplars Unit in Houghton Regis sits next to Townsends Court and accommodates 16 functional admission beds.
We are seeking to recruit a Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN) that is highly motivated with an excellent work ethos to join our friendly, efficient and multi-talented team.
We are looking for a hardworking, enthusiastic, genuine and honest individual to join our dynamic and highly functioning inpatient nursing team under the role of Staff Nurse.
Main duties of the job
The successful candidate will work between/either Crystal or Onyx Wards, Calnwood Court. Onyx Ward will be an all-male acute psychiatric assessment and treatment ward caring for men/ Crystal Ward will be an all-female acute psychiatric assessment and treatment ward caring for women. Both wards care for people who are experiencing acute episodes of mental illness.
Previous experience in a similar health care setting would be an advantage good computer skills are essential and will give you the upper hand if you are appointed.
The ideal applicant will have experience in mental health facilitating and meeting the various individual needs of service users whilst under the direction and supervision of senior colleagues and the Clinical Nurse Manager.
Preceptors are welcome to apply and will be fully supported through their preceptorship period by the team and our Practice Education Facilitators..
The practice is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults, children, young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. As part of the selection process, you will be required to undergo a Disclosure and Barring check. The practise believes in treating everyone with dignity and respect and encourages applications from all sectors of the community.
Our mission is to make a positive difference to people's lives by improving the quality of life for all we serve. Our values are: We Care, We Respect, We are Inclusive - so we are looking for people who live and breathe these qualities when supporting service users and carers, and in their relationships with colleagues in the Trust and our partner organisations
26 May 2022
Agenda for change
£25,655 to £31,534 a year Per annum
LUT Crystal Ward
Please for further informationkindly refer to the job description and person specification attached to this vacancy.
Education/ Qualification/ Training
- Registered Nurse (Mental Health) OR Registered Nurse (Learning Difficulty) OR Registered Nurse (Adult)
- Working with people with mental health problems/ learning disabilities
- Managing challenging and aggressive behaviour
- Working within a multidisciplinary team environment
- Experience of providing individualized and culturally sensitive care
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to assess, plan, implement and evaluate care
- Minimising clinical risk and reducing restrictive practices
- Able to manage time so that deadlines are met
- Ability to recognise stress
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Able to work sensitively and compassionately with patients
- Emotional Intelligence and Personal Resilience
- To have knowledge of Mental Health presentations and appropriate interventions.
- NMC Code of Conduct
- Knowledge of risk management and how to plan care to account for risk
- Current Developments in nursing
- Awareness of supervision and reflective practices
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
East London NHS Foundation Trust
LUT Crystal Ward
https://www.elft.nhs.uk/ (Opens in a new tab)
For questions about the job, contact:
East London NHS Foundation Trust's privacy notice (opens in a new tab)