Physiotherapist Band 6
East London NHS Foundation Trust
This job is now closed
Physiotherapist Band 6
Permanent 1 WTE
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a experienced band 6 physiotherapist who will work as a part of the multi-disciplinary Rapid Response team to meet the needs of patients referred to the team, ensuring the highest possible standards of practice.
The post holder will provide urgent assessment and treatment for patients with recurrent falls, including wide range of complex physical, sensory, perceptual and cognitive problems within community settings to prevent avoidable hospital admissions.
Main duties of the job
The Physiotherapist will work as a part of the multi-disciplinary Rapid Response team to meet the needs of patients referred to the team, ensuring the highest possible standards of practice and the post holder will provide assessment and treatment for patients with a wide range of complex physical, sensory, perceptual and cognitive problems within community settings.
Our mission is to make a positive difference in people's lives by improving the quality of life for all we serve. Our values are: We Care, We Respect, We are Inclusive - so we are looking for people who live and breathe these qualities when supporting service users and carers, and in their relationships with colleagues in the Trust and our partner organisations.
- Maintain confidentiality of information consistent with legislation and Trust policies.
- Be proficient with IT systems, compile reports, analyse written and oral information/ communications data often in the context of frequent interruption
- Demonstrate well developed clinical reasoning and decision making
- Ensure clinical effectiveness by use of evidence based practice and outcome measures ensuring that all clinicians in this multi-disciplinary team practice these.
- Be responsible in identifying and reporting clinical risk, and making recommendations for clinical risk management
- These extended roles will include basic observational skills, the knowledge and ability to monitor Blood Pressure, Pulse and Respiratory Rate, as well as Saturation levels
Education, training and qualifications
Skills & Abilities
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).