CAU Admin Support Clerk
Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust
This job is now closed
Exciting opportunity for a part time Admin support Clerk at Tunbridge Wells Hospital. To provide clerical support for the clinical admin unit. The work will involve clerical duties such as checking/updating patient demographics. Adding patients onto a waiting list, scanning, and dealing with the post. The tasks of the post are varied and the post holder will be required to change routines depending on the demands of the service, in accordance with the Patient Access to Treatment Access Policy.The post holder will be required to provide cover/ support during short periods of staff absence.
Main duties of the job
The main duties of the job are as follows:
- To work as a team member and to provide administrative support, telephone contact point, cross cover and workload.
- To be responsible for a generic email inbox and respond to external and internal email queries from patient, staff and other providers e.g. GP surgeries, CCG.
- To accurately and comprehensively record patient details on PAS.
- To register new patients via hospital systems.
- To add patients to the waiting list, in accordance with the Patient Access to Treatment Policy.
- Ensure that all referral letters are held electronically and made available for the clinician to grade electronically, in accordance with the Patient Access to Treatment Policy.
Main Skills Required:
- IT Literate.
- High Attention to Detail.
- Good Communication Skills.
- Ability to Work in a Fast Paced Environment and Meet Deadlines.
- Good Efficiency and Organisational Skills.
Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust is a large acute hospital Trust in the county of Kent.
The Trust provides a full range of general hospital services and some areas of specialist complex care to around 500,000 people living in the south part of West Kent and the north part of East Sussex.
The Trust's core catchment areas are Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells and their surrounding boroughs. We work from two main clinical sites: Maidstone Hospital and Tunbridge Wells Hospital at Pembury. Tunbridge Wells Hospital opened in 2011 and provides single rooms with en-suites for all in-patients - the first of its kind in the country.
We employ over 6,500 full and part-time staff in a huge range of clinical and non-clinical roles across both of our hospital sites.
Once your pre-employment checks have been completed you will be contacted by Recruitment to arrange your start date which will be in line with one of our Corporate Inductions.
At MTW, we seek to develop a culture where everyone can reach their full potential with opportunities to grow and develop their career. We recognise and value the unique contributions that each of our staff bring, delivering the best quality care and service to our patients. We are committed to being a diverse employer and strive to reflect everyone in our local communities. We welcome applications from people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences and celebrate the diversity of thought, viewpoints and ideas that will make our Trust the best place to work.