League of Friends Volunteer
Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust
This job is now closed
At MTW NHS Trust giving your time helps make a big difference to our patients.
Volunteering is a two-way exchange of skills, and we want your volunteering with us to be a rewarding experience. Some of the main reasons to volunteer with us are:
- Make a real, positive difference to our patients, their families, friends and relatives.
- Give something back to your local community and NHS Trust.
- You will be part of a team - as well as being part of our large volunteer team you will have a volunteer supervisor who will support you throughout your volunteering journey.
- Learn new skills. Volunteering is a great way of developing lots of different types of skills, and in addition we will ensure that you are fully trained to carry out your role including access to core online training and ongoing development opportunities.
- Improve your CV and gain some healthcare setting experience: many of our volunteers have found that volunteering significantly assisted them in finding employment and helped with university applications for healthcare related degrees.
- Do something different, have fun and meet a variety of people.
Main duties of the job
Could you be a League of Friends Volunteer?
We are currently looking for League of Friends Volunteers to support a variety of Departments to help us make a real difference to our service.
This key role would involve:
- Helping to run our hospital shop on a part-time weekly basis. If you can spare some hours each week to help run The League of Friends shop inside Maidstone Hospital.
- This would include the following tasks; stocking shelves, date checking products, money handling, till work, and customer service.
As a Volunteer you will be part of a strong dedicated Volunteering team, at the forefront of making our patients stay with us that little bit better.
We can be very flexible and we will support and train you in your role.
We would love to hear from you if you think you could be our next League of Friends Volunteer.
Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust is a large acute hospital Trust in the county of Kent.
The Trust provides a full range of general hospital services and some areas of specialist complex care to around 500,000 people living in the south part of West Kent and the north part of East Sussex.
The Trust's core catchment areas are Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells and their surrounding boroughs. We work from two main clinical sites: Maidstone Hospital and Tunbridge Wells Hospital at Pembury. Tunbridge Wells Hospital opened in 2011 and provides single rooms with en-suites for all in-patients - the first of its kind in the country.
We employ over 6,500 full and part-time staff in a huge range of clinical and non-clinical roles across both of our hospital sites.
Please note that appointment to this post will be subject to a satisfactory Disclosure & Barring Service Check at Enhanced Level. (Enhanced level now includes regulated checks against vulnerable adults and children)
At MTW, we seek to develop a culture where everyone can reach their full potential with opportunities to grow and develop their career. We recognise and value the unique contributions that each of our staff bring, delivering the best quality care and service to our patients. We are committed to being a diverse employer and strive to reflect everyone in our local communities. We welcome applications from people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences and celebrate the diversity of thought, viewpoints and ideas that will make our Trust the best place to work.
We would encourage all employees working for the NHS that you keep yourself protected against COVID-19. Please follow the link below to find out more information and to book your COVID-19 vaccine today
Book or manage a coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination - NHS (www.nhs.uk)
Interview Date: To be confirmed