Rota Coordinator ENT
Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust
This job is now closed
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Ear, Nose & Throat Department as a Medical Rota Coordinator. You will be flexible in approach, motivated, tenacious, a good team player and have a keen eye for detail.
You will be providing administrative support to department managers by administering the rotas for our doctors across Maidstone & Tunbridge Wells sites. Experience in a Rota Coordinator role or a similar NHS role, with additional experience using Healthroster would be advantageous but full training will be provided.
Please note due to the operational demands of the role the successful post holder will be required to work five days a week Monday - Friday with good work-life balance hours.
Main duties of the job
This is an administrative role and will require great organisational skills and attention to detail. You will require excellent communication skills as a large part of the role will involve liaising with both clinical and support staff. You will need to be able to cope well under pressure, use your initiative to work individually and work well as part of a team. Key duties will include:
- Monitoring and co-ordination of all medical rotas across the Directorate.
- Working closely with the medical staff booking team to co-ordinate completion of locum placements and bank shifts.
- Co-ordinating, logging and monitoring all types of leave for medical staff, including Consultants, in the Directorate.
- To act as the first point of contact for issues relating to Doctors (e.g. sickness absence reporting, annual leave, study leave, shift swaps, locum cover).
- To compile absence spread sheets.
Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust is a large acute hospital Trust in the county of Kent.
The Trust provides a full range of general hospital services and some areas of specialist complex care to around 500,000 people living in the south part of West Kent and the north part of East Sussex.
The Trust's core catchment areas are Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells and their surrounding boroughs. We work from two main clinical sites: Maidstone Hospital and Tunbridge Wells Hospital at Pembury. Tunbridge Wells Hospital opened in 2011 and provides single rooms with en-suites for all in-patients - the first of its kind in the country.
We employ over 6,500 full and part-time staff in a huge range of clinical and non-clinical roles across both of our hospital sites.
12 May 2023
Agenda for change
£25,147 to £27,596 a year pa pro rata
Once your pre-employment checks have been completed you will be contacted by Recruitment to arrange your start date which will be in line with one of our Corporate Inductions.
At MTW, we seek to develop a culture where everyone can reach their full potential with opportunities to grow and develop their career. We recognise and value the unique contributions that each of our staff bring, delivering the best quality care and service to our patients. We are committed to being a diverse employer and strive to reflect everyone in our local communities. We welcome applications from people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences and celebrate the diversity of thought, viewpoints and ideas that will make our Trust the best place to work.
- Good standard of General Education
- 5 A to C grade GCSEs or equivalent including English Language
- Full range of Administrative Skills Minimum NVQ III or equivalent experience
- Computer Literacy (RSA II/ECDL or equivalent experience)
- Recent working knowledge of Microsoft Office package
- Significant experience of working in an administrative role
- Competent in Administrative/Clerical procedures
- Working knowledge and excellent understanding of the NHS/Healthcare Sector
- Working knowledge of Working Time Directive and New Deal
- Understanding of Junior Doctors grades and training needs
- Negotiation, influencing and persuasion skills
- Highly motivated and able to work autonomously using own initiative
- Understanding of Data Protection Act
- Knowledge and skills in general and human resource management
Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust
For questions about the job, contact:
Assistant General Manager ENT & Audiology Services
Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust's privacy notice (opens in a new tab)