Staff Nurse - Navenby Ward
United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust
This job is now closed
Are you looking for a NEW challenge? Do you have an interest in Endocrine/Diabetes?
Then look no further ... come and join the team on Navenby, where the staff strive to deliver high quality care! Navenby Ward have a lovely team, who are all compassionate, supportive and work together like one big happy family.
Main duties of the job
The ideal candidate will be a 1stlevel Registered Nurse, with a good working knowledge of General Medicine and Diabetes. You must be proactive and able to demonstrate clinical effective practice and be able to prioritise and organise your workload. You must be willing to work as part of a team and be able to deliver a high standard of nursing care in a demanding environment. Candidates must also possess excellent communication skills and be able to work well as part of the multi-disciplinary team. You will also be expected to work all shift patterns.
What's the hospital like?
Lincoln Hospital is a thriving university city and with the opening of the new medical school, it provides all major specialties and a 24-hour major accident and emergency service
If you want to make a difference and be part of something new and exciting then we would love to hear from you so, what are you waiting for?!
"Excellence in rural healthcare", delivered by people who put patients at the heart of everything they do
One Trust,Endless opportunities
Whats in it for you??
So, apart from being part of a team that puts patients at the heart of everything we do, and seeing lives improved by the treatments we give, youll also get the following:
- NHS Pension: A generous and flexible pension scheme with contributions from us as your employer.
- Annual Leave: Starting at 27 days a year, rising to 33 days after 10 years plus eight bank holidays (for staff covered by Agenda for Change)
- Flexible working & career breaks: Helping you match work and home life ask about reduced hours, compressed hours, flexible working, term-time only working, job sharing and unpaid leave.
- Bank working: The chance to work extra hours at enhanced rates and well pay you weekly ideal if your income needs a quick boost.
- Relocation packages: If a relocation package is offered for the role, you could qualify for expenses of up to 25% of your starting salary.
And theres more!!:
- Family & Childcare including on-site nurseries at Lincoln County Hospital and Pilgrim Hospital Boston, maternity, paternity, adoption & shared parental leave following a set period of employment.
- Health & Wellbeing including mindfulness, counselling, mental health first aid, health check MOTs, physiotherapy, eye tests.
- Learning & Development including Lincolnshire Talent Academy, leadership training, medical education, clinical education, Lincolnshire clinical research and GP speciality training programme.
- Discounts & Salary Sacrifice including Cycle2Work, car lease scheme, home electronics and wider wallet.
- Rewards & Recognition including staff awards, long service awards, retirement awards, examples of excellence and staff lottery.
What should you do next?
Have a look at the job description and if you like what you see then apply today. Dont miss this fantastic opportunity to work with a great team in a supportive environment within a great institution. your NHS needs you!!!
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).