Senior Support Worker
Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
The closing date is 07 June 2023
Would you thrive in a role where you can support adults with learning disabilities to live a fulfilling and meaningful life?
The Partnership Domiciliary Care Agency (PDCA) at Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust does just that.
We provide care and support to adults (18+) with learning disabilities/autism in their own home. We offer long-term support to a small group of 14 service users and encourage them to live as independently as possible. Working with adults who have complex and high risk emotional/behavioural difficulties gives us job satisfaction in abundance, as we empower them to follow the routines and lifestyle that they deserve.
We are a 24-hour service and offer flexible shifts with pay enhancements for unsocial hours, weekends and bank holidays, plus the opportunity to pick up extra bank shifts (hourly rate between £11.11- £ 18.78 for enhanced hours).
You can choose to work either full-time or part-time hours, and there is no need for you to have a driver's license or access to a car for this position.
So, if you are looking for a role where your work has a clear and direct impact on an individual's quality of life, we would love to hear from you.
Main duties of the job
As a Senior Support Worker in our team, you will work with all 14 of our service users to get to know them and form a strong professional bond. You will be offering a range of support based on individual's needs as well as helping them to become an active member in their local community.
You will provide support at set regular times and based around planned activities/routines. Your passion and motivation will come to the fore as you help service users to realise their full potential and enjoy a high quality of life.
As a mental health trust Sussex Partnership places a huge focus on the wellbeing of our staff, as well as ensuring our reward packages reflect the immensely important work they do.
We know that a positive work/life balance brings about huge health-related benefits, which has a positive impact on the care we provide. Please speak to us about flexible working, for example, home-working, part time hours, flexible start/finish times or anything else. If it works for you and works for the role, we'll do our best to make it happen.
- Access to a host of discount schemes including reductions on fuel, high street and online purchases, as well as Blue Light Card advantages!
- Generous holiday entitlement (starting at 27 days + 8 bank holidays)
- Excellent NHS Pension
- Discounted gym memberships
- A position within a trust rated as 'Outstanding' for caring and 'Good' overall by the CQC
- Access to full psychological support via our internal wellbeing team
Excellent supervision programmes, with ongoing opportunities for training and development
This role is based in the heart of Eastbourne and is a stone's throw away from the town centre, the beach, with good bus routes and 10 minutes form the train station and The Beacon shopping centre which hosts many shops, cafs and restaurants.
25 May 2023
Agenda for change
£22,816 to £24,336 a year per annum
For you to be a successful Senior Support Worker in our PDCA team, you will be:
- Experienced in working with people with learning disabilities or in a care setting
- Reliable, flexible and able to work under pressure
- Able to attend a 2-day bespoke PMVA (physical intervention) face to face training course
It is also desirable for you to have:
- Experience of additional complex needs such as autism and/or challenging behaviours
- An understanding of the Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) model
See attached Job Description and Person Specification for full details.
Please apply using the link in this advert, or for more information or to arrange an informal visit, please contact:
Kim Allen PDCA Team Leader: firstname.lastname@example.org / 0300 304 0774
- QCF level 3 in Care (or evident experience)
- Experience working within a health or social care setting
- Experience of working in the community with people with learning disabilities and challenging behaviours
- Experience of working as part of a team
- Good communication skills
Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
https://www.sussexpartnership.nhs.uk/ (Opens in a new tab)
For questions about the job, contact:
Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust's privacy notice (opens in a new tab)