Mental Health Social Worker
Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
This job is now closed
Mental Health Social Worker needed for Assessment and Treatment Service - full-time, permanent post
Here at Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust we are rapidly expanding our workforce of directly employed social workers and we have a new post in our High Weald, Lewes and Havens Assessment and Treatment Service that will be at the forefront of the NHS transformation of community mental health services in that area.
We don't do conveyer-belt therapy. We are committed to working flexibly and creatively with the most complex, high risk service users and their Carers, to enable them to get their lives back on an even keel. This is exciting, varied, challenging and rewarding work. We need Social Workers to help us build strong social networks for our service users and this means building effective partnerships with our statutory and voluntary sector colleagues and it means co-creating meaningful, holistic care plans that address pressing social needs as well as the biological and psychological aspects of their recovery journey.
You would join our excellent multi-disciplinary team at Millwood in Uckfield, which is in beautiful rural countryside close to the South coast and well connected to London.
Main duties of the job
You will need to be a professionally qualified social worker who is registered with Social Work England. We welcome applications from both experienced social workers, who would start at band 6, and also newly qualified social workers who would start at band 5 and progress to band 6 pending successful completion of their ASYE programme.
You will hold a caseload of service users and act as their Lead Practitioner with responsibility for care co-ordination. You will be working closely with the Psychiatrists, Psychologists, CPNs and Occupational Therapists in the team to deliver coordinated packages of care, in conjunction with our voluntary sector colleagues, that are tailored to service user needs and strengths.
As a mental health trust, Sussex Partnership places a huge focus on the wellbeing of our staff, as well as ensuring our reward packages reflect the immensely important work they do.
As a Social Worker in our team we can offer you:
- Access to numerous wellbeing and support programmes, run by our internal wellbeing team
- Excellent supervision programmes, with ongoing opportunities for training and development
- Flexible working patterns
- Access to a host of discount schemes (including gyms, shopping, restaurants and cars)
- A position within a trust rated as 'Outstanding' for caring and 'Good' overall by the CQC
- Generous holiday entitlement (starting at 27 days + 8 bank holidays)
22 May 2023
Agenda for change
£33,706 to £40,588 a year per annum
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- To develop & maintain specialist clinical skills and expertise
- To receive and assess referrals.
- To offer advice on management of patients with severe mental health issues.
- To ensure mental health and psychosocial assessment, care and support of each client is appropriate to individual needs.
- To develop care plans and then to review and evaluate effectiveness.
- To effectively signpost patients to other services and agencies where appropriate.
- To map community resources for people with mental health problems
- To work with third sector partners to promote integrated care pathways
- To keep patient records up to date with timely, accurate and comprehensive information
- To produce and keep up to date risk assessments
- To provide clinical advice / consultation and staff support to other health professionals as appropriate within the community.
- To know how to access appropriate services and develop effective networks and channels of communications.
- To adhere to a code of Professional Conduct.
- To attend case conferences & meetings as relevant to the job description.
- Work in accordance with Sussex Partnership Foundation NHS and East Sussex Hospital trusts policies, guidelines and protocols.
- Social Work Qualification MSW DSW CQSW
- Registered to practice with GSCC
- Significant post qualification experience
- Significant mental health experience
- Knowledge MHA Part 2 & 3
- Excellent assessment skills including risk assessment
- Proven ability to devise and deliver discharge planning
- Previous experience of working in a multi disciplinary team
- Sound knowledge of Safeguarding Adults and Children
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
https://www.sussexpartnership.nhs.uk/ (Opens in a new tab)
For questions about the job, contact:
Service Manager (and registered Social Worker)
Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust's privacy notice (opens in a new tab)