CAMHS Consultant Psychiatrist - Basingstoke Community (attracts RRP)
Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
The closing date is 08 June 2023
This is an exciting opportunity for a Child and Adolescent Consultant Psychiatrist to join a well established Community CAMHS team who have two experienced managers and an established MDT.
The Basingstoke team provides community CAMHS service covering the areas around Basingstoke, at the North of Hampshire. The patch is mixed, with some areas of high deprivation. Young people are seen individually and/or with their families/carers.
This job attracts aRecruitment and Retention payment of £25,000,in addition to(up to) £8000 relocation allowance.The RRP payment is paid in the following instalments:
- £5000 payment paid on appointment
- £5000 retention payment paid at 12 month anniversary of employment
- £6500 retention payment paid at 30 month anniversary of employment
- £8500 retention payment paid at 48 month anniversary of employment
The Recruitment and Retention payment is pro rata for part time employees. If you would like further information, or to know the full terms of the Recruitment and Retention Payment and/or the Relocation Allowance, then please do not hesitate to contact our Medical Staffing Team - firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more about what we offer please take a look at our careers portal:https://careers.sussexpartnership.nhs.uk/
Main duties of the job
The team currently has 1 Psychiatrist working 0.9 and we are looking for a further 1.0WTE to join the team.You will work closely with the multi-skilled and enthusiastic multidisciplinary team, and offer a wide range of experience and therapies including CBT and other psychotherapies, Family Therapy, Creative therapy, consultation etc.
You will be required to:
- Provide assessment, consultation, management and treatment for children and adolescents with severe and enduring mental health problems, including young people with learning disabilities, and to assist their families and supporting agencies.
- Provide clinical supervision and consultation to colleagues within the team and to partner agencies as appropriate on other CAMHS matters.
- To ensure that clinical practice reflects quality and effectiveness as determined by evidence based research as far as possible.
- Develop close and effective working relationships with colleagues across specialisms and to work together with other members of the multi-agency, multi-disciplinary team, services and allied agencies, notably acute services, children's services and education.
- To provide clinical advice and liaison as required to colleagues in primary care , community services and acute specialties
- Support their face to face clinical work with high quality recording and communication practice
At Sussex Partnership we are committed to providing opportunities forflexible working. If you would like to work differently or different hours to as advertised, please get in touch to discuss this in more detail.
If you haven't thought about living inHampshirebefore then you should consider the following:
- Hampshire is a beautiful county with coastal areas and stunning countryside. The lovely Test and Meon Valleys dissect the South Downs that rise from the Cathedral city of Winchester and head eastwards.
- England's largest intact area of ancient woodland, the New Forest is tucked in the western corner of the county and is a wild and special place.
- As well as picture book villages, there are some super small towns and the large coastal cities of Southampton and Portsmouth provide the annual 'Boat Show' and ferry crossings to the continent or nearby Isle of Wight.
- Education in Hampshire is good with state schools outside the two big coastal cities doing better than the national average and significantly so in the most favoured catchments. There is a range of independent schools from small preps in the forest villages to the historic Winchester College
22 May 2023
Hospital medical and dental staff
£88,364 to £119,133 a year Per annum (pro rata for part time working)
Full-time, Flexible working
Brambly's Drive, RG21 8UN
You will have the opportunity to work with the leadership team to develop local mental health services, in line with the Hampshire CAMHS Care Delivery Service aims and objectives.
This role can also support any interest in research, development, medical education or special interests that you may have. We strongly believe in creating roles that provide a service but also give you the opportunity to develop your own areas of special interest.
There is only so much we can say to you in an advert, so would love to speak to you about this role in more detail. Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification for full details.
Please note the Job Description is still with the Royal College for approval. If there are any small changes we will ensure all applicants receive the final version before interview.
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification.
- Qualification or higher degree in medical education, clinical research or management
- Additional clinical qualifications.
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment.
- Included on the GMC Specialist for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Register OR within six months.
- Approved clinician status OR able to achieve within 3 months of appointment
- Approved under S12 OR able to achieve with 3 months of appointment
- In good standing with GMC with respect to warning and conditions on practice
CLINICAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Excellent knowledge in specialty
- Excellent clinical skills using bio-psycho-social perspective and wide medical knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Wide range of specialist and sub-specialist experience relevant to post within NHS or comparable service
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
Brambly's Drive, RG21 8UN
https://www.sussexpartnership.nhs.uk/ (Opens in a new tab)
For questions about the job, contact:
Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust's privacy notice (opens in a new tab)