Consultant Psychiatrist - West Assessment & Treatment Service - Hove
Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
This job is now closed
We are seeking a Consultant Psychiatrist to join the West Assessment and Treatment Service (ATS) in Brighton & Hove. You will be joining a mutually supportive, friendly and enthusiastic team with a real passion for what we do.
Brighton and Hove Community services are split in to two main teams, East and West ATS, each one further subdivided in to 3 smaller clusters. Each cluster has a geographical patch determined by alignment to a small number of GP surgeries, this helps facilitate good liaison with our Primary Care colleagues.
This post will be in Stanford cluster. We are also fortunate to have a large array of third sector organisations in Brighton and Hove whom we have developed strong links with.
Please note this post attracts aGolden Hello payment of up to £5,000as wellas aRelocation Package of up to £8000.Information on these can be obtained from the Medical Staffing Team on 0300 304 0393.
To find out more about what we offer please take a look at our careers portal:https://careers.sussexpartnership.nhs.uk/
Main duties of the job
We are a large multi-disciplinary community mental health team, which provides specialist assessments and treatment to patients presenting with a range of complex and unstable mental health and social needs.
As a consultant psychiatrist in our team, your main duties will be to:
- Provide specialist medical /psychiatric assessment and evidence-based treatment to patients referred to the service.
- Provide clinical supervision to the HST and informal advice and supervision to non-medical members of the team
- Fulfil the duties of Responsible Clinician for patients subject to Community Treatment Orders including attendance at Mangers Hearings and Tribunals.
- Mental Health Act assessments for patients on the team caseload
- Liaison with inpatient Responsible Clinicians
- Liaison with the forensic team/drug and alcohol services and risk panel as required
At Sussex Partnership we are committed to providing opportunities forflexible working. If you would like to work differently or different hours to as advertised, please get in touch to discuss this in more detail.
If you haven't thought about living/working in Brighton & Hove before then talk to us about how great it is. Brighton & Hove is a unique, vibrant and exciting place to live and work, offering a lively city life with the opportunity to get away from it all to the South Downs National park just on the doorstep.
The city offers excellent access to London and is in close proximity toGatwick Airport. Brighton is proud to be a diverse and inclusive city, and this is reflected in the staff mix employed by SPFT, and by the ethos of the Trust.
We are a teaching Trust with strong links with Brighton and Sussex Medical School (BSMS). Every cluster has a trainee, including F2, GP trainees, core or higher trainees. We also provide training for medical students and Physician Associate students from BSMS.
The successful candidate will work as part of the wider MDT and demonstrate:
- Excellent clinical skills using bio-psycho-social perspective and wide medical knowledge;
- A wide range of specialist and sub-specialist experience relevant to post within NHS or comparable service;
- The ability to manage clinical complexity and uncertainty;
- Commitment to shared leadership & collaborative working to deliver improvement;
- The ability to work in aparticipatory way so that shared decision making and conversations around formulation/ diagnosis and ongoing care are a collaborative endeavour with the people who access our service.
Please see the Job description/ person specification for more details about this post and the organisation.
Wed love you to join our Trust, rated good overall and outstanding for caring by the CQC. Our staff agree, in our recent staff survey 82% told us that they recognise that care for patients is our top priority.
Other key survey results:
- 70% highlighting flexible working as a key point for satisfaction at work
- 79% reporting feeling able to make suggestions to improve the work in their team
- 77% identifying opportunities to show initiative in their roles
There is only so much we can say in an advert and Job Description, so we would love to hear from you if you want to find out more about this exciting opportunity.
**Please also note that the Job Description is with the Royal College of Psychiatrists to be approved.**
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).