Senior Dental Officer
Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS Foundation Trust
This job is now closed
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a part time Senior Dental Officer to join Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS Foundation Trust Dental Services. Rated GOOD by CQC with Outstanding for Caring.
Salary is pro rata Band B (£74,126 - £86,701 for 2023/24) commensurate with previous NHS employment or experience.
The post is suitable for an experienced practitioner to work 4 days/30 hours per week (Tues/Weds/Thursday and Friday) based at St Peter's Dental Centre, Burnley on Tues/Weds and Friday and Ringway Dental Centre, Preston on Thursdays. However, you may be expected to work at other sites within LSCft Dental Services.
The post includes the provision of care within the specialties of special care and paediatric dentistry, urgent care for patients referred to the service by the Lancashire Call Handling Service and routine care for those patients attending Ringway Dental Centre. Experience in conscious sedation is preferred but will be provided if required.
This role is supported by specialists in special care and paediatric dentistry. Dental nurses are qualified and many have training in extended duties-radiography, sedation, special care, fluoride application.
Mentoring and clinical supervision is available and professional development supported.
We are close to the coast, the beautiful Ribble Valley and only 45 minutes from the Lake District.
Main duties of the job
- The post-holder will provide a full range of primary and secondary care special care and paediatric dental services for those with additional needs, conscious sedation, and domiciliary care to the population of central and east Lancashire across the LSCft Dental Services footprint in accordance with Service need and the NHSE service specifications.
- Provision of routine care to the population of central Lancashire as required.
- You may be expected to work at any of the sites across the LSCFT Dental Services footprint.
- The post holder will be expected to support comprehensive dental care and paediatric exodontia under general anaesthesia in secondary care settings.
- The post holder will be expected to undertake urgent dental care for the Service's own patients and those patients accessing the Lancashire Dental Helpline.
- The post holder will be expected to support the Service Leadership Team by undertaking management and leadership duties as agreed in the job plan.
- To provide care following NHS regulations , Trust and Service policies and procedures, NICE Guidance and Delivering Better Oral Health
Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS Foundation Trust provides a range of services including secondary mental health care across this area. Specialist provision comprises inpatient child and adolescent mental health services, perinatal mental health and forensic services including low and medium secure care.
The Trust also provides a range of physical health and well-being services in the community alongside a range of partners in the Lancashire, Cumbria and Sefton area.
Lancashire & South Cumbria Foundation Trust encourages flexible working, we believe that a positive work/life balance benefits NHS employees through improved health and wellbeing. We would consider working patterns such as; term time, part time, compressed hours, flexi-time and career breaks. We encourage applicants to state clearly on their application forms this request and discuss these options at interview.
For more information please visit our website via Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS FT.
Please see attached the job description and person specification for more information about this role.
Knowledge, Training & Experience
Work Related Knowledge
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).