Epsom and St Helier University Hospitals NHS Trust
This job is now closed
Dental Nurse - Maxillofacial
Band 4 - Part-time (30 hours per week, Mon to Sat)
Are you an experienced and motivated Dental Nurse, with excellent communication skills and a passion for delivering exemplary dental health care to your patients?
If so, the busy Paediatric Dentistry, Orthodontic and Oral & Maxillofacial outpatient department, at St Helier Hospital, are looking for a part time Dental Nurse able to work 30 hours per week.
We are hoping to recruit an enthusiastic, adaptable, self-motivated dental nurse with excellent personal, communication & clinical skills who works well in a team environment
- Applicants must hold professional General Dental Council registration and a recognised dental nurse qualification.
- An Inhalation Sedation Certificate would also be desirable but not essential as the training will supplied.
- Experience in a hospital setting would be advantageous but again, a full induction will be give
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity to you, then we'd love to hear from you and/or received your application...
Alternatively, visits to the department are welcome - just contact Lorraine or Ewelina on 0208 296 3357/3321 to discuss and arrange
Main duties of the job
The duties of the role will include:
- Paediatric restorative Dentistry
- Inhalation sedation
- Paediatric General Anaesthetic lists
- Outpatient clinics- Adult & Paediatric
- Adult Oral/maxillofacial Surgery
The post holder will provide a high standard of care by:
- Assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating programmes of patient care
- Working closely with the department/ward manager, and multi-disciplinary team members, in monitoring and maintaining policies, standards of nursing care, staff and service development within the department/ward environment
- Carry out all relevant forms of care under supervision and when proficient, demonstrate procedures of care; supervise junior qualified and/or unqualified staff including student nurses, all whilst maintaining a safe working environment.
Epsom and St Helier University Hospitals NHS Trust provides a range of medical services to approximately 490,000 people living across southwest London and northeast Surrey.
In addition, we provide more specialist services, in particular renal and neonatal intensive care, to a wider area, covering parts of Sussex and Hampshire.
We serve an area that is rich in diversity, with a mix of urban and rural areas, and differing levels of quality of life. We cover some of the most prosperous postcodes in the country, as well as some poorer areas.
Together with our colleagues at NHS Surrey and NHS Sutton and Merton, we work to make sure that we deliver the best possible care to the communities we serve.
The Trust employs approximately 5,000 staff across its hospitals and issupported by over 500 volunteers.
***Please refer to and/or download the attached job description and person specification for full job main duties***
Registration- must be RDN
Committed to team working
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).